FSM Duffy's Coal Yard

Started by vinceg, December 28, 2017, 01:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richbeau

A beauty for sure Vince.
That's one of those kits I would like to build but alas I cannot afford it at it's current aftermarket price.

I generally build dioramas to be placed later, always completing the entire structure. Unless I know which way it will face I wait on the majority of the details until I have a place for it on the layout. Then like Mark I place peeps and the final details to fill it out on the bench.

--Rich

Dave K.

Fantastic, Vince...I see a trip up to the NW 'burbs to see your work up close in my future. Your pic size is fine, IMO. I always click on the pics to study them up close, anyway. Nice job!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

vinceg

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I love models -- always have. I have visited the FSM a half dozen times or so and each time the end of the open house comes too soon. I am trying to stay focused on wiring right now until I can get some trains to run around the basement (mainline and staging track is already laid). But after that, I want to get back to scenery and building kits. I have had a SRMW kit (Rugg Mfg) just barely started on my bench for the last 10 years or more. I am anxious to see what I can do now. On the one hand, I have learned a ton from the masters on this site, the Internet, and other sources. On the other hand, I am...um....Older. So, we'll see. Maybe I'll work up the energy to do a build thread but I have a healthy respect for how much work that is.

Dave K -- Absolutely drop me a line sometime to get together. Scenically speaking, there's not much to see. But, one can never know too many modelers.

V
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee