The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinceg

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 30, 2018, 03:33:07 PM

Tom, what are those two buildings across the tracks from Jeffries? The one with the two box cars in front and the one next to it. Are those scratch built? I don't recognize them as any kits I have seen.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 30, 2018, 04:29:33 PM
And the journey begins on Part 3.....I'll be looking keeping an eye on things from the cheap seats.....you know me better than to think I would go for the close in box seats, don't you?  ;)

Greg,

Not to worry, all the seats here are cheap ones. If not, I'd have to charge admission. 8)

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 30, 2018, 05:29:30 PM
Hey Tom:

Lots of great buildings. Keep the photos coming I'll be following along.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you as always, I've got more structures and photos.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on August 30, 2018, 10:02:54 PM
Uncle Tommie,
Congratulations on reaching part three of the thread.  That is truly amazing!  I like the placement of four aces salvage building.  I think you should go for it.

Now a comment on a post at the end of part two.  While every model railroader owns and knows how to turn on a sawsall, not everyone know how to use one SAFELY,   Case in point during a recent layout tear down, I witnessed someone going thru a live power line with said tool.  The fact that me and the operator lived to tell the tale is nothing short of amazing.  And no, I wasn't the operator but I was working nearby when it happened.

So Please, Look before you leap with this widowmaker-9000 class tool.  And Don't try this at home!

;D ;D :o

Cousin Brucie,

Thank you for following along on the third part of the A&S RR. I like the placement of the Four Aces as well but will probably use that area for another structure.

In august 1967 I was struck by lightning and survived. I won't say I got a large charge out of the deal but the man standing next ot me was killed. So, like me, it wasn't your time.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Amagic41 on August 30, 2018, 11:25:06 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on August 30, 2018, 04:04:49 PM
Of course this would look better in the location.

I'm thinking very seriously about getting the three kits and building one for the A&S RR.

Tom...Not to mention you have already built part of it ..... twice  ...lol

Ken,

As you know, the Jenson 3 kit, kit bash was ordered yesterday. I'll most likely do a thread on my build in a month or so.

That is one "cool" kit and build. I hope I can do it justice.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: geoawelch on August 31, 2018, 08:11:33 AM
Tom,

What a great display of fine modeling. Very impressive.

George

George,

Thank you for the kind compliment and for following along, much appreciated.

I plan to dedicate the rest of the year to building structures for the A&S RR.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: vinceg on August 31, 2018, 09:29:28 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on August 30, 2018, 03:33:07 PM

Tom, what are those two buildings across the tracks from Jeffries? The one with the two box cars in front and the one next to it. Are those scratch built? I don't recognize them as any kits I have seen.

Vince,

Those are two scratch built citrus processing plants. Frank Baker, Erieman, built them for me in exchange for me painting and sounding two Erie brass locos for him. The whole process took us about four years. It seems we were both busy doing other stuff and working on our own layouts. 8) 8) 8)

Tom
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

Tom, unlike most movie sequels, your layout sequels get better and better.  Thanks for posting the picture of the ruler with Jeffries Point.  I wondered what the dimensions were, as I had a spot on the layout it might work on, but the building is too wide.  Thanks again!

Jeff

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 31, 2018, 10:14:26 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on August 30, 2018, 04:29:33 PM
And the journey begins on Part 3.....I'll be looking keeping an eye on things from the cheap seats.....you know me better than to think I would go for the close in box seats, don't you?  ;)

Greg,

Not to worry, all the seats here are cheap ones. If not, I'd have to charge admission. 8)

Tom ;D

Phewwwww.....that's a relief. Who in their right mind (?) would complain about cheap seats when the admission is free?  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, Tom.

I will be interested in seeing your 'borrowed scenery' views across the peninsula.  I have no doubt you will beat me in its completion!

Cheers, Mark.

Jerry

Tom what a great start for part 3.

I'll be following along.

Some really beautiful buildings you have to plant there.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

jbvb

James

ACL1504

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on August 31, 2018, 02:48:40 PM
Tom, unlike most movie sequels, your layout sequels get better and better.  Thanks for posting the picture of the ruler with Jeffries Point.  I wondered what the dimensions were, as I had a spot on the layout it might work on, but the building is too wide.  Thanks again!

Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you, appreciate the compliment and you checking in on the thread. The ruler was a fluke so I'm glad it helped.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on August 31, 2018, 06:26:21 PM
Looking good, Tom.

I will be interested in seeing your 'borrowed scenery' views across the peninsula.  I have no doubt you will beat me in its completion!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark,

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to the scenery part as well. It will stay a southern theme.

It's is very easy to get a lot done when every day is Saturday. I do remember those days when I said, "Hurry up Saturday". Careful what we wish for huh?

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on September 05, 2018, 09:17:09 AM
Tom what a great start for part 3.

I'll be following along.

Some really beautiful buildings you have to plant there.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you and thanks for following along on the part 3 adventure. Most of the structures you see are those built by Reading Bob and the two citrus ones by Erieman. I do have a few of my measly ones out also. ;D ;D

Tom 8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com