The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I offer my sincere apology to Bruce Nickerson of Sea Port Model works. I reported that my tug kit was missing the horn and light mast.

I found them this afternoon under the work bench. I called Bruce to tell him I found the missing parts and to not send new ones. To late, he sent them out Monday and of course the parts arrived twenty minutes after I called. I offered to send the extra back and he said to keep them and use them on another model.

Excellent customer service. If you've never spoken to Bruce at any of the Expos you are missing meeting a really nice guy.

Again, thank you Bruce.

https://seaportmodelworks.com/about/
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 14, 2021, 05:05:50 PM
I offer my sincere apology to Bruce Nickerson of Sea Port Model works. I reported that my tug kit was missing the horn and light mast.

I found them this afternoon under the work bench. I called Bruce to tell him I found the missing parts and to not send new ones. To late, he sent them out Monday and of course the parts arrived twenty minutes after I called. I offered to send the extra back and he said to keep them and use them on another model.

Excellent customer service. If you've never spoken to Bruce at any of the Expos you are missing meeting a really nice guy.

Again, thank you Bruce.

https://seaportmodelworks.com/about/

One thing I love about this hobby are the people that populate it. From manufacturers to modelers — 99.9% are wonderful creatures indeed

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Looking good Tom.....love the details.  8)  Look forward to seeing y'all tomorrow.[size=78%] [/size] :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: Rusty Robot on January 14, 2021, 07:27:17 PM

One thing I love about this hobby are the people that populate it. From manufacturers to modelers — 99.9% are wonderful creatures indeed

Craig,

I agree 100% with you.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on January 15, 2021, 11:13:51 AM
Tom love those little details for the river.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you. I'll get them in the river one day soon - I hope.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 15, 2021, 02:00:37 PM
Looking good Tom.....love the details.  8)  Look forward to seeing y'all tomorrow. :)

Greg,

Thank you.  Last Saturday was a fun day.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Time to get the location for the church and grave yard ready.

I marked the area where I wanted to remove scenery.

The church was removed and the area with and on the black line was sprayed with warm water.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I let the warm water sit for 30-40 minutes and then using a putty knife began removing the scenery.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Okay, you get the idea. I'll fast forward here and you can see that area of scenery has been removed.

I used a small piece of pink 1/4" foam to level the ground next to the track.

More tomorrow.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Tom

Great progress and love the details.  The discussion on river clutter and shopping carts got me to do an internet search on shopping carts to see what time frame makes them prototypical correct for the S&S RR.  I thought you guys might be interested in what a learned. 

The Evolution of the Shopping Cart

• Victoria Tran. Timeline.
  • 1911. Walter H. Deubner brainstormed. ...
  • 1915. Walter H. ...
  • 1936. The first shopping cart was made.
  • 1938. The Folding Basket Carrier is patented.
  • 1940. The shopping cart is featured on The Saturday Evening Post.
  • 1947. The telescoping cart is invented.
  • 1949. The large single basket cart used today is invented.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on January 22, 2021, 12:15:13 PM
Tom

Great progress and love the details.  The discussion on river clutter and shopping carts got me to do an internet search on shopping carts to see what time frame makes them prototypical correct for the S&S RR.  I thought you guys might be interested in what a learned. 

The Evolution of the Shopping Cart

• Victoria Tran. Timeline.
  • 1911. Walter H. Deubner brainstormed. ...
  • 1915. Walter H. ...
  • 1936. The first shopping cart was made.
  • 1938. The Folding Basket Carrier is patented.
  • 1940. The shopping cart is featured on The Saturday Evening Post.
  • 1947. The telescoping cart is invented.
  • 1949. The large single basket cart used today is invented.
  • 2021.  LARGE SHOPPPNG CART THROWN IN RIVER.

Just thought I'd add a little to your list.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com