The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennsyJ1

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 09, 2021, 06:26:38 PM
I planted some junk shrubs and vines where two oak trees were previously located. I didn't want to obscure the view of the stained glass windows.

Diet Pepsi time, back in a few.
Kris and I love the whole scene of the church area. Great job as all ways with everything!! Did you pick out a plot or just a spot under the layout?
Bill
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

ACL1504

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on February 14, 2021, 07:53:20 AM

Kris and I love the whole scene of the church area. Great job as all ways with everything!! Did you pick out a plot or just a spot under the layout?
Bill

Bill and Kris,

Actually Pam picked the spot for the church. I showed her the church kit and she wanted me to get it. I told her I didn't have a place on the layout for it and I didn't like the look of the steeple or foundation.

She said, I like the church, get it and change what you don't like. And, this is where it will look best. I did all those things and it turned out to be just the place for it to fit. Behind every negative man is a positive woman.  :P

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Tom a perfect fit.  Sometimes they know better than we do!
Great scene.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on February 14, 2021, 09:14:31 AM
Tom a perfect fit.  Sometimes they know better than we do!
Great scene.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you. Pam has been a big help in checking the placement of many of my structures.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The Judge and I were going to shot a video of the AB ACL F2s but he decided to not come back until after his surgery and recovery.

He asked me to do one and send him the link. I did this one this afternoon.

It is hard to be the director, cameraman, grip, engineer and finally producer. Not my best but still watchable - any train on the A&S RR is watchable.

https://youtu.be/CQTWnJ9SrYQ
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Sure looked good to me!  Great angle for the shot to maximize the church and minimize the ovalix in the background.  Nice horn on the F2 by the way.
Jerry

S&S RR

Tom

The video looks great! You should get extra pay for doing all those jobs at once.

The church looks very nice in that spot. Pam does know best.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jim Donovan

Really well done Tom. Just a great scene. Thanks for sharing.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Bernd

Nice video. Horn sounds very realistic.

I'm impressed, 31 cars, wow, but who's counting?

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

tct855

ACL 1504,
              Yes I agree with Bernd as well.  Very cool video of a nice train running through the new scene!  This should make the Judge feel all better watching this.  Can't wait to see the next video from the dynamic duo.  :D
                                                           Thanx Thom...

Mark Dalrymple

NKP768

As always Tom first rate job - thanks for sharing.

Doug

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Right on. Much better with the shrubs.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on February 14, 2021, 07:18:19 PM
Sure looked good to me!  Great angle for the shot to maximize the church and minimize the ovalix in the background.  Nice horn on the F2 by the way.

Thank you Jerry,

It was a fun video. I tried to avoid the Ovalix all together but the angle was difficult. Don't remember if the ACL horn is Nathan 3, 5 or Wabco E2.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on February 14, 2021, 09:44:35 PM
Tom

The video looks great! You should get extra pay for doing all those jobs at once.

The church looks very nice in that spot. Pam does know best.

John,

Much appreciate the compliment on the video. Not to worry, I've rewarded myself quite handsomely.  8)

Pam did a great job on picking that spot for sure.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com