The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on February 16, 2021, 11:54:22 PM
Really well done Tom. Just a great scene. Thanks for sharing.

Jim D

Jim,

You are very welcome and thank you. The church and graveyard scene turned out better than I thought it would.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bernd on February 17, 2021, 09:41:27 AM
Nice video. Horn sounds very realistic.

I'm impressed, 31 cars, wow, but who's counting?

Bernd

Bernd,

Thank you, much appreciate the compliment. We normally run trains of 20 or less but I wanted a longer train for this video.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on February 17, 2021, 10:00:00 AM
ACL 1504,
              Yes I agree with Bernd as well.  Very cool video of a nice train running through the new scene!  This should make the Judge feel all better watching this.  Can't wait to see the next video from the dynamic duo.  :D
                                                           Thanx Thom...

Thom,

Thanks very much. We decided to wait for the Judge to return prior to another train video.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NKP768 on February 17, 2021, 05:33:38 PM
As always Tom first rate job - thanks for sharing.

Doug

Doug,

Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words. That scene and video was fun to do.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on February 17, 2021, 06:24:01 PM
Hey Tom:

Right on. Much better with the shrubs.

Karl

Karl,

Yes, thank you. The shurbs changed the entire look of the scene.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I noticed the track workers were back removing the abandoned trackage. Well, at least they are supposed to be working. You can always tell an A&S RR employee, they usually just stand around.

Back in a few. Forgot to get the Diet Pepsi.  :P
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here's another group of people standing around. They are waiting for the removal of the casket of their loved one.

It was discovered the casket didn't make the trip. The lady is crying on her husband's shoulder. Seems like one of the Judge's friends forgot to load the dearly departed in the hearse. Can't wait for that story.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Danny Raymond was in town and volunteered to take the casket to the church.

Notice he cut the corner on the dirt road to save time. I hope officer Poovey isn't in the area.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

In other Atlantic and Southern news, some work has started on the Summit level.

This area is and has been used for scenery storage.

It all needs to be removed and look like this.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This 2X8 foot section has to be removed I can cut a hole in a portion of one side.

More on this adventure later next week.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Tom, that funeral scene is wonderfully tragic. Great job on the staging. Those Preisers are perfect!

sdrees

Hey tom, Great looking scenes.  Love the stories the LP tell.
Steve Drees
SP RR

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Zephyrus52246

I'm glad to see my layout isn't the only one used for "temporary storage".   :)  The figures and vehicles really added to the church/graveyard scene.  Looks great.

Jeff