The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I need to make a few repairs to railing and support posts where in the move from spot to spot a few were broken/knocked off.

The Cracker Boy sign was taken from a book I have on all citrus labels. The Cracker Boy was a brand from the South Central Florida area.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

These are some really neat structures, Tom. 

Its great to see them again.  Love the cracker boy sign.  I do love cool colourful signage.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Tom

I can't wait to see those wonderful structures framed with your beautiful scenery work.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

nycjeff

Hello Tom, Frank sure did a great job on those two structures, I am looking forward to seeing what you do to finish them.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Bruce Oberleitner

As always Tom, the railroad looks fantastic.  And I will have to remember that tip about not feeding marshmellows to the gators.  Sound like good advice.

;D ;D ;D

cuse

Can't wait to see those beautiful structures "planted" with ground cover...Hope to get there soon myself. Looking good!

John

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

That's a great looking building. Is it scratch built or is it a kit. I'll guess and say scratch built. At any rate can't to see this area finished.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on April 10, 2021, 06:48:07 PM
These are some really neat structures, Tom. 

Its great to see them again.  Love the cracker boy sign.  I do love cool colourful signage.

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers, Mark,

Sorry I neglected to respond sooner. Thank you for stopping by. I got the Cracker Boy signage from a book showing all the ends of old wood crate/fruit box labels.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on April 10, 2021, 09:27:32 PM
Tom

I can't wait to see those wonderful structures framed with your beautiful scenery work.

John,

Thank you and I for one am ready to get to the scenery.  A few tasks to do first.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on April 10, 2021, 09:38:44 PM
Hello Tom, Frank sure did a great job on those two structures, I am looking forward to seeing what you do to finish them.   Jeff

Jeff,

Frank did a fantastic job on these two. I'm getting anxious to start.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on April 11, 2021, 10:59:52 AM
Can't wait to see those beautiful structures "planted" with ground cover...Hope to get there soon myself. Looking good!

John

John,

Thanks, you know you are welcome any time.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on April 10, 2021, 09:57:20 PM
As always Tom, the railroad looks fantastic.  And I will have to remember that tip about not feeding marshmellows to the gators.  Sound like good advice.

;D ;D ;D

Bruce,

Thank you for the kind compliment. Yet,  the stupid stuff I did in my youth scares me now. I should have eaten the marsh mellows myself.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on April 11, 2021, 12:22:07 PM
Hey Tom:

That's a great looking building. Is it scratch built or is it a kit. I'll guess and say scratch built. At any rate can't to see this area finished.

Karl

Karl,

I agree, these are fantastic buildings. Frank Baker, Erieman, scratch built both of these for the A&S RR.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com