The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Now back to the two large citrus processing structures.

This was the original location for the two.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Final decision on these two. They will occupy the real estate where they were two years ago.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Major changes on the A&S. Can't wait to see them in person.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Mark Dalrymple

Nice shuffling and reshuffling, Tom.

I think where those two structures sit - fairly centrally - you can still get nice longitudinal views across both bridges.  This, I would deem as fairly important.

Cheers, Mark.

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 02, 2021, 03:46:53 PM
Major changes on the A&S. Can't wait to see them in person.

Curt,

The two citrus structures were here many years ago. I think I moved them by the time you became a SBG.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on January 02, 2021, 04:03:45 PM
Nice shuffling and reshuffling, Tom.

I think where those two structures sit - fairly centrally - you can still get nice longitudinal views across both bridges.  This, I would deem as fairly important.

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers, Mark,

Thank you. I agree, they look best here and also compliment the area as well. The longitudinal view is extremely important as you noted.

I appreciate the comment.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

No river scene is complete without some sort of river craft. I ordered some boats form Sea Port Model Works and received them within a week of placing the order. Super fast shipping by APMW.

I ordered a small tug boat with a coal barge and two speed boats with outboard motors. These will be built here, on this thread as opposed to doing a new thread on the forum.

Photo copied from kit.

The river craft will be built and placed on the water. Of course the water/resin will be poured first. I plan to do that the first of next week.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

They will be placed in this general location on the river.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Nice, Tom.

I really like the angle you have the boat and barge on as well.  It kind of makes the eye do a little circle - from the boat to the front sign to the back sign to the barge.

Cheers, Mark.

tct855

ACL 1540,
          Wow, you just flung a tugboat and barge cravin' on me with this latest next modeling step you're creating.  Drink Diet Pepsi and hurry up finishing this water scene (I can't wait) :o .  Thanks for the update brother!
                                       Thanx Thom...

Raymo

That little tug is a neat piece. I saw Bruce building the patterns for it this past summer and told him the full hull version would make a nice flat car load.

madharry

Tom, I'm looking forward to you building the boats. I have quite a few in my stash. The water scene is looking great.

Mike

S&S RR

Tom

I too, will be watching this scene develop.  You are off to a great start.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on January 07, 2021, 06:00:37 PM
Nice, Tom.

I really like the angle you have the boat and barge on as well.  It kind of makes the eye do a little circle - from the boat to the front sign to the back sign to the barge.

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers, Mark,

Thank you. The angle seemed like the best look for the tug and barge in the river. The main channel actually does run at that angle as well. Most importantly, they both are the perfect size for the river.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com