The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 20, 2021, 05:11:37 PM
Danny Raymond was in town and volunteered to take the casket to the church.

Notice he cut the corner on the dirt road to save time. I hope officer Poovey isn't in the area.

My Father always talked about people being late for their own funeral, I guess I was trying not to make that happen.

Mark Dalrymple

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Gets better with every photo. Love the pickup truck with the coffin.

Karl

ReadingBob

This scene just keeps getting better and better.  Nice to see Danny has been included in the story.  He needs a business named after him on the A&S.  Just sayin'.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jerry

Love the coffin scene.  Lets hope the truck doesn't get hit by a passing train!!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Quote from: Rusty Robot on February 20, 2021, 07:22:36 PM
Tom, that funeral scene is wonderfully tragic. Great job on the staging. Those Preisers are perfect!

Craig,

Thanks very much. I found the hearse and Preirser figures on Ebay. A bit pricey but were a perfect fit.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on February 20, 2021, 08:28:16 PM
Hey tom, Great looking scenes.  Love the stories the LP tell.

Steve,

Thank you. The A&S RR little people have all kinds of stories yet to be told.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on February 20, 2021, 09:17:10 PM
The funeral scene is too much.....love it.  8) 8) 8)

Greg,

Much appreciated. Notice they all have white hair?  :-X

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on February 21, 2021, 07:21:06 AM
I'm glad to see my layout isn't the only one used for "temporary storage".   :)  The figures and vehicles really added to the church/graveyard scene.  Looks great.

Jeff

Jeff,

Yea, "there ought to be a law" about doing it. I have not learned to put my toys away when finished. Instead, I find the nearest spot and plant them.

The grave yard scene is a fun mini scene. A story yet to be told for sure.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Raymo on February 21, 2021, 07:56:55 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on February 20, 2021, 05:11:37 PM
Danny Raymond was in town and volunteered to take the casket to the church.

Notice he cut the corner on the dirt road to save time. I hope officer Poovey isn't in the area.

My Father always talked about people being late for their own funeral, I guess I was trying not to make that happen.

Dan,

My dad was late to his. The funeral home had a new driver and he was new to Orlando. He took a wrong turn and we all went straight.  We got to the grave site before he did. The truck is one you built for the Pennsy but was gifted to me when that layout was removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkdJyc9XDs

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on February 21, 2021, 12:34:52 PM
Great mini scene, Tom.

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers, Mark,

Thank you it was fun setting it in place.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on February 21, 2021, 01:55:44 PM
Hey Tom:

Gets better with every photo. Love the pickup truck with the coffin.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you buddy, more photos are on the way

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 22, 2021, 07:41:14 AM
This scene just keeps getting better and better.  Nice to see Danny has been included in the story.  He needs a business named after him on the A&S.  Just sayin'.   ;)

Bob,

Thanks very much. I have so many of Dan's vehicles on the layout it was only fitting to have him use his truck. Great idea for a Raymo business.  :P

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on February 23, 2021, 08:36:39 AM
Love the coffin scene.  Lets hope the truck doesn't get hit by a passing train!!  :)

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you, the coffin scene was an after thought. I have plans for another coffin, with a mishap, later in the build thread.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Over the past few days, I got the 2X8 ft. section of plywood out of the layout building and onto the saw horses.

One scene planned for the Summit level is a massive diesel servicing facility. More on this with photos later in this posting. I've chosen to use the  Diamond Scale Const. diesel facility and the plywood needs to be cut for the base.

A little fast forward here and the area was measured thrice and cut once.

It fit the first try. It wasn't a snug fit so I needed to clamp the 4' long level under the base so I could screw it in place.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com