The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blazeman

That gator looks like he got rolled by the (crimson) tide.

Larry
'Bama '72

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on March 25, 2021, 04:17:45 PM
A biography of Albert the Alligator: https://pogopedia.wordpress.com/albert-alligator/  (My parents were huge Pogo fans.)

dave

Dave,

That is a nice article. However, Albert is the UF mascot.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Blazeman on March 25, 2021, 05:24:40 PM
That gator looks like he got rolled by the (crimson) tide.

Larry
'Bama '72

Larry,

Yes, but only by 6 points. Miss and FL scored 46 each against the Tide. However, there will be a time when you will be in my position.  8) 8)

My father, UF grad of '45, was a huge Gator fan. He had a saying when they lost a football game. "Same old Gators".

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Looks great and that is quite A helix.

Karl

jbvb

I read Pogo as long as Walt Kelly's kids kept it going.  Still have the books my parents bought, including the song book:  "Deck the Halls with Boston Charlie, Walla, Walla Wash. and Kalamazoo..."
James

Mark Dalrymple

Enjoying these blasts from the past, Tom.

It is certainly an impressive ovalix!

Cheers, Mark.

nycjeff

Hello Tom, the river scene is just beautiful !  It really shows off all of your hard work.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

S&S RR

Tom

I just got caught up with your build thread, the water scene looks great, and I enjoy the look back at the ovalix construction. I'm looking forward to your report on the next project.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on March 26, 2021, 01:20:44 AM
Hey Tom:

Looks great and that is quite A helix.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you for checking in and posting a comment, much appreciated.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jbvb on March 29, 2021, 03:25:38 PM
I read Pogo as long as Walt Kelly's kids kept it going.  Still have the books my parents bought, including the song book:  "Deck the Halls with Boston Charlie, Walla, Walla Wash. and Kalamazoo..."

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on March 29, 2021, 10:55:00 PM
Enjoying these blasts from the past, Tom.

It is certainly an impressive ovalix!

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers, Mark,

I like looking back to see how far I've progressed on the layout, fun stuff.

The Ovalix would never have been built had it not been for the CAD drawings Greg (member of the SBG) DeMayo did for the A&S RR. That helped more than anything. It was a most enjoyable time working on and seeing it go up, little at a time.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on March 30, 2021, 04:30:19 PM
Hello Tom, the river scene is just beautiful !  It really shows off all of your hard work.   Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you very much. I still have a few details to add to the river.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on April 01, 2021, 11:18:39 AM
Tom

I just got caught up with your build thread, the water scene looks great, and I enjoy the look back at the ovalix construction. I'm looking forward to your report on the next project.

John,

Thank you my friend for the kind words of support. My plan is to have the river finished with additional details by the end of the month so I can move on to the next project.

Tom  ;D

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

ACL1504

I've neglected the layout for long enough. I'm taking a few months off from liquidating Miller's railroad stuff. I'm very much burned out from selling his trains on Ebay.

My plan is to get back on the layout almost full time in the coming week. I want to finish the river area and move on to scenery around the two citrus processing structures.

My next big project is to add scenery and details to the two structures shown below. These were built for the Atlantic and Southern RR by Erieman, Frank Baker. I did some brass loco work for Frank, so we used the barter system for our efforts.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com