Fos Oyster Skiff Kitbash

Started by Opa George, January 27, 2022, 08:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opa George

From childhood I've always loved the Blue Bayou portions at the beginning of Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean ride. I have been determined to add some of that atmosphere to the swampy caverns portion of my layout. This is the first houseboat I've come up with, created from the hull of FOS oyster skiff. The cabin is scratchbuilt from spare parts.

Here is a natural color shot of the nearly finished swamp houseboat. I will probably add a tire bumper or two for effect and maybe some crab pots thrown up on the roof.

And here is an atmosphere shot with the blue lights on, as well as showing the other side.

The FOS kit includes two hulls, so I can start dreaming up the second houseboat.  I'll post that once done.

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

jerryrbeach

George,

Kudos for thinking outside the box and building a beautiful model to boot.  Looking forward to houseboat number two.
Jerry

Oldguy

Cool.  We rode that ride right after it opened.  One couldn't see a boat in front.  The stone arch had one look up right before  . . . . . . .  Well, you know.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

postalkarl

Hey George:

Very cool. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

Karl

bparrish

George...

That is super............

I have no place on my railroad for such a swamp model...............  Idaho is pretty dry and I doubt if there is anywhere in the state that could be determined to be a swamp.   

I have a dry wash under a bridge and my grand daughter cannot understand why there is no water under it. "Why have a bridge?" she maintains.

Great model.

Thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

swisstrain

Awesome kitbash, I think I will have to embark (no pun intended) on building something similar.  My wife is from Louisiana ...

Where are the alligators though?  ;D

Opa George

Thanks everyone for the comments.  Alligators!  Yes, I need to find some!

--Opa George
George Nagle
Harrisburg, PA

deemery

Brian Bollinger (besttrains.com) has gators.  Last time I went to Springfield, I added some gators to Russ Greene/NEBrownstone's display.  Bought them at Brian's booth, walked over to Russ' booth, and installed them.  (Russ has roots in Louisiana.) 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Opa George

Quote from: deemery on January 27, 2022, 05:30:52 PM
Brian Bollinger (besttrains.com) has gators.  Last time I went to Springfield, I added some gators to Russ Greene/NEBrownstone's display.  Bought them at Brian's booth, walked over to Russ' booth, and installed them.  (Russ has roots in Louisiana.) 

dave

;D>
George Nagle
Harrisburg, PA

craftsmankits

What a great kitbash.  Nice job.  Some things you never see coming.  Mark