Custom tow truck...

Started by Karl O, March 02, 2019, 10:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl O

Hello,

I finished this truck a few days ago to use on another project I'm working on. The cab, chassis and wheels/tires are from a Jordan 1923 Ford kit and the rest is scratch-built from strip styrene and a few castings...

Cheers,

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Jerry

Beautiful looking truck Karl.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Dave K.

Niiiiiiiiice......!!!👍🏻

postalkarl

Hey Karl O

Just a beautiful job as always.

Karl S

S&S RR

Karl

Your work always amazes me. Fantastic!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

tom.boyd.125

Karl,
Excellent modeling and great photography to show it off.  Thanks for sharing your amazing work !!!
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

sdrees

Terrific Karl!
Steve Drees
SP RR

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

rpdylan

wow Karl, so nice!
    next time you build a Jordan, please share your tips!  (like, what kind of glue do you use?)
Bob C.

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Karl O

Quote from: rpdylan on March 03, 2019, 11:42:14 AM
wow Karl, so nice!
    next time you build a Jordan, please share your tips!  (like, what kind of glue do you use?)

Hi Bob,

I guess after building 300+ Jordan's over the years I think I've tried just about every solvent-type liquid cement out there.

I liked Ambroid and Tenax 7R the best but now that they both seem to have been discontinued I've gone to using straight up Methylene Chloride (same stuff as Ambroid)), Faller Super Expert and Tamiya Extra Thin Liquid Cement. I like The MethChlor best since it works the fastest and makes a very strong joint. Here's another one I finished a few weeks back. It's a Jordan Mack flatbed that I scratch-built into a garbage truck with styrene strips and sheets...

Cheers,

Karl O.
Berkley, MI

Jerry

Another beauty!!  Thanks for the tips on the glue.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Janbouli

Thanks Karl , those trucks look great.
I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

That's one nasty looking garbage truck.....well done Karl.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Karl

Another work of art. Thank you for sharing it with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad