American Model Builder PRR Coal Trestle

Started by PRR Modeler, April 04, 2019, 04:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

First I would like to give a big thank you to Tom. The last time we were at lunch I mentioned what project I wanted to do next and he said he thought he had one, he did and he gave it to me.

This will be a single posting for the build since it is a pretty easy kit to build. The biggest issue I had was cutting out the preexisting approach which was 2 1/4 inches high and putting in a 1 3/8 high one. I used Woodland Scenics risers for the basic structure.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Curt,

You are very welcome my friend. The coal trestle looks great and you did a great job cutting it into the landscape.

I'm also assuming you are going to heavily weather the trestle as all the coal and coal dust would be all over it.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Try dark grey Pan Pastels or make your own pigments from grinding dark grey artist pastel sticks, and use that for weathering. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jim Donovan

It looks great Curt. Fits in really nice.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Neat addition Curt.....makes a great looking scene.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Nice looking scene Curt!  Coal is (or was a the case may be now) King!  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

BandOGuy

Great job, Curt.
All it needs now are some Blue Diamond signs or, and I'm surprised RB didn't mention it, Reading Anthracite signs.  ;D
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

PRR Modeler

Thank you to Tom, Dave, Jim, Greg, Bob, and BandOGuy for your kind words and suggestions.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision