Seeking South River Model Works; "The Stone Roundhouse" Kit #160

Started by Dennis Bourey, May 06, 2019, 11:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Bourey

Hi Guy's I'm looking for the South River Model Works; "The Stone Roundhouse" Kit #160 or some of the casting's for a build. I'm hoping for as much as possible. Thank's Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

tom.boyd.125

Dennis,
FYI....This was posted on the Rail Scale Miniatures site last year....
On another note, I would like to announce the acquisition of South River Model Works white metal detail castings portion of their business. Rail Scale Miniatures now own the rights to all the original, production masters and molds of all those beautiful detail parts that Bob Van Gelder has created in his wonderful 25-year career as one of the worlds best kit manufacturers. The legacy of his work will carry on with the use of his detail parts to accompany my collection in future RSM Craftsman kits and starting this Fall, you will be able to purchase these parts as well. How I well sell these, I am still contemplating, but it will all be explained once I have decided, so that means you can purchase the detail parts for the roundhouses from Dario soon.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Dennis Bourey

Tommy Thank's, I will check them out right now. I read the same as you stated. I think it's saying there metal casting's ? I'm not sure?  I hope I can wait until this fall. That's a life time lol Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Rail and Tie

Quote from: DennisBourey on May 06, 2019, 02:44:47 PM
Tommy Thank's, I will check them out right now. I read the same as you stated. I think it's saying there metal casting's ? I'm not sure?  I hope I can wait until this fall. That's a life time lol Dennis

Dario is indeed releasing the metal castings as mentioned. At supertrain this year he had them set up and selling them. Very nice stuff along with his own exceptional castings. I know he is working on getting a website set up for this stuff. I am sure you can appreciate the time it takes to get all those castings sorted.  I am pretty sure if you E-mail him he can get you what you want shipped.  Dario is a great guy and dedicated to furthering this hobby for us all!

D
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Dennis Bourey

Thank you, I will check him out and email him. I like to get the stone wall's so I can start building it. Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Dennis

I believe, but could be wrong, that he only bought the molds for the metal castings. I don't think the molds for the hydrocal stone walls were part of the deal.  Make sure you ask that specifically if you contact him.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

I agree with you John, I checked his site out and it states metal castings. :(  Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)