Removal of old layout from benchwork down and more.

Started by ACL1504, December 20, 2013, 06:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on March 20, 2014, 10:02:34 PM
Tom

This is getting hard to watch - you need to get started on that new layout so we can look back at this and say now I know why he did it.

John,

Just be thankful you are the one viewing the demo, no matter how hard! LOL! Where's my laughing my a-- off guy? Thanks again for following along.

I'll add a few more in a few.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Two weeks ago I removed the Three Pine Junction Section including the upper and lower tunnel portals. I scratch built them from sheet styrene. Upon removal I gave them to SBG, Greg DeMayo! Hopefully these will live on! If not, they did serve their purpose for ten years.

Continued in a few.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

More of the removal.

Hopefully more tomorrow. Thanks for foillowing along.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Janbouli

Now I'm starting to get tears , I agree with John , at least show us some example or a plan of what you are going for.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on March 21, 2014, 06:33:18 PM
Now I'm starting to get tears , I agree with John , at least show us some example or a plan of what you are going for.

Jan,

No need to cry here, I've done enough of it for all of us! I did start another there on the new build but haven't done much on it! I do have some photos I'll get loaded later today or tomorrow. Anyway, here is the link. It's under Layout Tours with the heading of Atlantic and Southern Build.

http://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=53.0

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Jan and others,

I just realized the photos were posted on the other forum so I'll move it all over here and basically start over. It may be a repeat for some and new for others. However; it seems to get me motivated when I read over the other forum.

I'll get it started this evening. Thanks Jan for getting me moving on this.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm starting to feel like Mr. Bilbo Baggins, I'm off on another adventure. Here is the latest update on the layout demolition. No comments necessary for these pictures.

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Today I spent several hours removing the last portion of the old layout! This is the roundhouse turn table area.

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This afternoon I was under the layout removing a few Tortoise machines and I heard this flapping sound and wondered, "What the He--"! I looked up and out from under the layout and didn't see anything so I went back to the task at hand.

About twenty minutes later I heard this humming/chirping noise. I looked around and this is what I found in my light valance.

I tried to guide the Morning Dove, she came in the afternoon, to the door with a broom and she kept banging into the wall so I left her in the valance. After a few hours she flew out.

Someone asked me abut the stained glass that was seen in one of the earlier photos. Here is the story on the stained glass. Back in the early 80's the City of Orlando was in the process of condeming property so the Orlando Magic could build their arena. There was an old Four Square Church to be demo'd and the Orlando Fire Dept. was going to do a training burn on the church. I did a walk through to make sure no "homeless folks" were in the church and I found this window/stained glass in the basement. Obviously I hauled it out. The church was built in 1910. I'm not sure when the stained glass was installed in the church but I'm assuming it was when it was built. All the other windows were removed prior to the burn. Anyway, here is the original 100 year old window as I found it! The window measures 35"W X 45"H.

Thankfully, the demolition is now complete. I'm finally out of my misery and can now focus on the new layout. I'll respond and answer any comments or questions.

Thank you all who followed this thread and for posting your thoughts and comments.

Tom ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com