Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

I plan on letting this dry for a couple of days and then trying to add a layer of sand to cover up the mess and see what happens with another test of the Matt Medium.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

NKP768

Nice job on the farm scene John - add a round ball hoop to one end of that barn and you could place it anywhere in Indiana. Be fore warned - I read somewhere that the Tucker and Cook build has lots of windows....

Doug

S&S RR

Quote from: NKP768 on January 04, 2021, 12:29:38 PM
Nice job on the farm scene John - add a round ball hoop to one end of that barn and you could place it anywhere in Indiana. Be fore warned - I read somewhere that the Tucker and Cook build has lots of windows....

Doug

Doug

Thank you for the kind words - and yes that barn design works in most areas. Yes - there are a lot of windows and doors - 87 to be exact - I'm painting them in batches. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I added a few more details to the Beach Farms diorama, today.  Here is a progress photograph at the end of the day.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

Excellent John , reminds me of years long gone as a kid living in Canada , we weren't farmers but we rented the house from the owner of 5 farms . Your build gives me the same vibes that I get when looking at photo's from that time.
I love photo's, don't we all.

jerryrbeach

John,

This is looking awesome!  I love the color the aspen trees lend to the overall scene.  Seems to me the east coast farm had one of those Dodge trucks, too.  Straight six motor and an unsynchronized four speed transmission.  If I missed a shift finding a gear was brutal.  Funny I don't remember my grandfather having the problems shifting it that I did...  Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 05, 2021, 09:11:46 PM
The diorama is really coming together.

Curt

Thank you - I'm adding detail to the diorama a layer at a time at this point, on this side of the diorama.  I will be turning it around on the workbench and working on the other side in a few days.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on January 06, 2021, 05:34:03 AM
Excellent John , reminds me of years long gone as a kid living in Canada , we weren't farmers but we rented the house from the owner of 5 farms . Your build gives me the same vibes that I get when looking at photo's from that time.

Jan

Thank you for the encouraging words. We have a ways to go before I will be ready to put this on the layout.  I have the horse barn and the chicken coop fence on my workbench and will be adding them in the next few days.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on January 06, 2021, 08:39:54 AM
John,

This is looking awesome!  I love the color the aspen trees lend to the overall scene.  Seems to me the east coast farm had one of those Dodge trucks, too.  Straight six motor and an unsynchronized four speed transmission.  If I missed a shift finding a gear was brutal.  Funny I don't remember my grandfather having the problems shifting it that I did...  Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words.  The dodge truck is from the East Coast farm shipped in by rail.  It is now used to bring the hay bales up from the rail dock.  The hay is shipped in from the fields on the other side of the mountain. I have a red tractor scene also planned.

Credits note:  Jerry Beach built the dodge truck in this scene and send it to me along with a few other vehicles that will be introduced as they make their way on to the S&S RR.  Thank you for the vehicles Jerry, you did a great job on them. They really help to make the Beach Farms look like a working operation.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I finished the horse barn to the point where it's ready to add to the layout and do the final weathering in place. The siding is all board on board so I have glued a lot of sticks this last couple of months with the two barns. I have some serious landforms work to put this in place on the layout. It's all going to be ladder work, and needs to be completed before I can add the Beach Farms diorama to the layout. Let the fun begin.

John Siekirk

cuse

Great work as always John. That farm diorama will add a nice splash of color to your pile 'o rocks  ;D . You really nailed the mud, that's not easy. Nice!

John

Keep It Rusty

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on January 09, 2021, 10:00:11 AM
Great work as always John. That farm diorama will add a nice splash of color to your pile 'o rocks  ;D . You really nailed the mud, that's not easy. Nice!

John

John

Thank you for following along and the kind words.  I'm counting on the dioramas and the aspen trees to give my " Pile 'o rocks" some color. ;D ;D
John Siekirk