Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Looks fantastic, John.

The timber work of the crane and the deck really brings the scene together.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on March 17, 2020, 10:39:22 AM
The sign looks a lot better with some weathering.  You might want to consider some more fading, if it still looks a bit too stark to you.

dave

Dave

Yes - the A&I toned it down a lot but I still plan on using some chalks to fade it a little more. A welding shop in the middle of a yard occupied by steam locomotives is not going to have a bright yellow sign.  At least not very long.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 17, 2020, 10:53:33 AM

John,

I really like how this is coming together.  The crane really adds eye candy to an already beautiful model.

Jerry

This kit, like all of George's kits, looks better and better as you add the details. I have a number of detail castings that didn't come with the kit that I will be adding.  A layer at a time until I decide it's time to quit.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on March 17, 2020, 02:50:59 PM
Looks fantastic, John.

The timber work of the crane and the deck really brings the scene together.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for the kind words. Now for the detail castings and a few more details. I have some stairs and railings that I need to add.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I have been spending most of my time the last few days installing and wiring the turnout controls in the Eagles Nest Yard area of the layout.  All of the control boards are going into small drawers in the facia so they are easily accessible by removing a couple screws.  Here is a picture of just one of the may control panel drawers. This one happens to have a dual frog juicer board. Some have just one board and the largest one has more than a dozen. I primed all the cover panels with black primer.  The complete facia will get a fresh coat of the dark green paint when this project is completed.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Official announcement S&S RR:  The spur track was completed today, to Avram's Bakery in the town of Sellios, allowing for rail traffic to commence.

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, Wow!!!!! That's a Beautiful job..... Your work just  top quality to me and other's.......Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Janbouli

Splendid John, your layout will surely be one of the "you have to see it" , in the model railroad community.
I love photo's, don't we all.

vinceg

Quote from: Janbouli on March 24, 2020, 10:20:39 AM
Splendid John, your layout will surely be one of the "you have to see it" , in the model railroad community.

Yep - you said it. So much to see with all the craftsman kits, the towering, mountainous terrain, the overall fit and finish of benchwork and fascia. Truly spectacular. I will definitely figure out how to schedule a field trip from Chicago to Detroit sometime in the next year or two (John willing, of course).
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

postalkarl

Hey John:

WOW!!!!! beautiful job on Avrams. I built it not to long ago. It's A great kit.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on March 23, 2020, 10:25:11 PM
John, Wow!!!!! That's a Beautiful job..... Your work just  top quality to me and other's.......Dennis

This is the Avram's build that Bob Butt's sent to me a few weeks back. Now that the track is in it is officially part of the railroad.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Thank you Jan.  I hope you get a chance to visit some day. After we get rid of the virus.  ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on March 24, 2020, 10:51:36 AM

Yep - you said it. So much to see with all the craftsman kits, the towering, mountainous terrain, the overall fit and finish of benchwork and fascia. Truly spectacular. I will definitely figure out how to schedule a field trip from Chicago to Detroit sometime in the next year or two (John willing, of course).

Vince

Thank you for the kind words.  I hope you do find the time to come for a visit. As soon as I get the structures complete for the Eagles nest yard, I think I have four or five builds left, I will be starting on the rest of the builds for the town of Sellios. I hope to get all the mainline back up and running in the next few days.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on March 24, 2020, 11:11:49 AM
Hey John:

WOW!!!!! beautiful job on Avrams. I built it not to long ago. It's A great kit.

Karl

Karl

As I mentioned above, all of the credit for the Avram's build goes to Bob Butts. He did a wonderful job on the build and it's now linked to the mainline for service.
John Siekirk

ReadingBob

It's great to see Avram's safe and sound in it's new home.  That was a fun build and I'm quite happy it's located somewhere where it can be enjoyed.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.