Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

John,

Haven't check in on your progress for some time. Wow, what a huge roundhouse, I love it. Exterior walls are wonderfully nasty, great job.

Keep the progress going my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 04, 2020, 05:53:34 PM
John,

Haven't check in on your progress for some time. Wow, what a huge roundhouse, I love it. Exterior walls are wonderfully nasty, great job.

Keep the progress going my friend.

Tom ;D

Tom 

Thanks for stopping by to see my wonderfully nasty walls. We keep plugging away at it, my friend.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Update: I took a few days off from the layout to get some work done around the house and take care of the Grandkids. I'm back at it this morning. I got my mold making supplies while I was away so I can get the castings made that I need to complete the Roundhouse project.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I'm moving again on the Brick Roundhouse.  One more back wall casting and the brick walls will be assembled for the 11 stall portion of the roundhouse. The glue is also drying on the tracks for the last two stalls. I'm working on the wood pieces for the roof beams while the glue dries. The base for 4 stall portion of the roundhouse is waiting on my workbench.  I have to put the glass in the windows of the last side wall casting and the wall castings will be ready to be assembled.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

WOW, that's going to be huge. I didn't realize it has 11 stalls.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on June 07, 2020, 03:32:31 PM
WOW, that's going to be huge. I didn't realize it has 11 stalls.

Curt

Yes, this is big.  There will be a 4 stall building right next to it so there will be 15 roundhouse stalls off the turntable.  And also a yet to be determined number of outside tracks. It will serve as the hub of locomotive activity on the S&S RR.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

More progress and it's looking just great. I just can't wait to see this finished.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on June 09, 2020, 12:53:19 AM
Hey John:

More progress and it's looking just great. I just can't wait to see this finished.

Karl

Karl

The project is moving along, I glued the last wall section on the 11 stall building last night. I'm going to be working on the interior beams and the walls for the second, 4 stall, building, today.
John Siekirk

Jerry

A monster in the making.

This will be a huge focal point of the RR.

Your usually outstanding work John.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on June 09, 2020, 09:06:21 AM
A monster in the making.

This will be a huge focal point of the RR.

Your usually outstanding work John.

Jerry

Jerry

Yes it's big. Thank you for following along and the kind words.  I'm cutting strip wood for the interior beams.  Amazing amount of strip wood required.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

sounds good I'm watching and following along.

Karl

S&S RR

A few progress pictures. First, the track has been glued down on the base for the 4 stall portion of the Roundhouse.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The interior beam work is starting to go into the larger 11 stall section of the Roundhouse.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk