Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

You can sure tell that some of the sheds haven't been dulled down with the white chalk. The iPhone camera really enhances this. The difference isn't as significant to my eye without the camera lens.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Craig

I posted my update tonight using my iPad and loaded the pictures directly from Photos using the trick you taught us, today.  It works great and saves some time.  I can take the pictures with either my iPhone or iPad.  Do you know of a way to access pictures in photos directly using a MacBook Pro?

To date, I have always exported photographs from photos using the Export function - this is when I would resize them and store them as jpg files in a special directory.
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: S&S RR on December 04, 2020, 07:14:48 PM
Craig

I posted my update tonight using my iPad and loaded the pictures directly from Photos using the trick you taught us, today.  It works great and saves some time.  I can take the pictures with either my iPhone or iPad.  Do you know of a way to access pictures in photos directly using a MacBook Pro?

To date, I have always exported photographs from photos using the Export function - this is when I would resize them and store them as jpg files in a special directory.

Glad it helps, John. It's my go to method.

For your Mac archiving, there is also a neater way of handling things. Prebuilt into your Mac is an app called "Image Capture" — find it in your Applications folder.

With your iPhone/iPad plugged in, you can literally batch import/drag and drop as you see fit. Almost like it was an external hard drive.

S&S RR

Quote from: Rusty Robot on December 04, 2020, 07:25:49 PM
Quote from: S&S RR on December 04, 2020, 07:14:48 PM
Craig

Glad it helps, John. It's my go to method.

For your Mac archiving, there is also a neater way of handling things. Prebuilt into your Mac is an app called "Image Capture" — find it in your Applications folder.

With your iPhone/iPad plugged in, you can literally batch import/drag and drop as you see fit. Almost like it was an external hard drive.

Interesting - I have used it with my SLR but never tried with the iPhone. Thank you for the tip I will give it a try. Now what did I do with the cord for the phone???
John Siekirk

jerryrbeach

John,

As you might guess, I'm really excited to see the farm diorama coming together.  G. Wilikers is one of my favorite FSM kits, so I'm excited about your progress with it, too.  It looks great, but what really stands out to me is the stonework and the shingles.  Keep those pics coming, I'm really enjoying your builds!
Jerry

S&S RR

Quote from: jerryrbeach on December 04, 2020, 09:52:32 PM
John,

As you might guess, I'm really excited to see the farm diorama coming together.  G. Wilikers is one of my favorite FSM kits, so I'm excited about your progress with it, too.  It looks great, but what really stands out to me is the stonework and the shingles.  Keep those pics coming, I'm really enjoying your builds!

Jerry

Thank you for following along and the encouraging words. Now that I'm to the detailing stage on both builds there will be noticeable progress on each build every day. I will be getting the lid off the box and start putting the walls together for another build in the next few days, too.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I found a way to make Bob VanGelders Tucker & Cook fit on my layout - it is going to be the crew house for the Eagles Nest yard. The G. Wilikers build got a test fit during the process. If I move the feeder track forward about an inch (plenty of room to do so) it will fit behind the coaling tower.  The boiler house and two out buildings will also work in a modified configuration. The siding change affect the track location on the G. Wilikers build at the perfect time in the build to make the change.

So my build list changes again. ;)

1) Tucker & Cook
2) Brownsville Depot
3) Icing Platforum
4) ... Expect Changes
5) ...

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

vinceg

Beautiful, John. Gorgeous. All those FSM and SRMW kits. Pure heaven.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on December 05, 2020, 04:32:19 PM
John, I like your thinking.....Dennis

Thank you, my friend. My sell list for kits keeps getting shorter.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: vinceg on December 05, 2020, 05:27:14 PM
Beautiful, John. Gorgeous. All those FSM and SRMW kits. Pure heaven.

Vince

Thank you for the very kind and encouraging words. I have three more big builds, after G. Wilikers, and a number of smaller ones (sheds and out buildings) and this area of the layout will be ready for detail scenery. It will be really nice to have an area that I can point to and say this area is complete.  At least until the rest of the layout is complete - then I will probably start changing it.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

The G. Wilikers build is back on my workbench for detailing.  The main structures and sheds have been glued to the baseboard. It's time for some detail work.

John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

Looking forward to seeing this build all done, John.

Additionally, I'm happy to accept the contents of that "Finished Castings" drawer when you're good and ready  ;)

S&S RR

Quote from: Rusty Robot on December 06, 2020, 07:50:25 PM
Looking forward to seeing this build all done, John.

Additionally, I'm happy to accept the contents of that "Finished Castings" drawer when you're good and ready  ;)

Craig

I'm looking forward to all the details going into place.  I have a bunch of touch up then railings and stairs. After that we get to open that finished castings drawer. There are actually two of them and 5 or 6 white plastic trays floating around the  workbenches with finished and partially finished castings. In my opinion it's all about the details.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision