Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Gee Willikers, John!

Looks fantastic.  I think this would be my favourite of all of George's kits, but I am at a point now where I have hardly any room left on Tellynott which isn't spoken for.  Financially this is a good thing!  I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously - so thanks!

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on February 16, 2021, 01:53:18 PM
Gee Willikers, John!

Looks fantastic.  I think this would be my favourite of all of George's kits, but I am at a point now where I have hardly any room left on Tellynott which isn't spoken for.  Financially this is a good thing!  I'll just have to enjoy it vicariously - so thanks!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for the encouraging words and for following along on my journey.  I hope some day you can find a way to get back to the States and visit the S&S RR.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Bernd

Great build John. I'm always impressed with your beautiful structure builds. They look so realistic.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteThank you for the encouraging words and for following along on my journey.  I hope some day you can find a way to get back to the States and visit the S&S RR.

I hope so too, John.

We had planned to visit last year but the world had other ideas.  We spent our holiday money on the garden instead.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Jerry

John beautiful work.  Nice placement that is going to be one beautiful scene when finished.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on February 20, 2021, 08:39:48 AM
John beautiful work.  Nice placement that is going to be one beautiful scene when finished.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you, I'm looking forward to adding the scenery around the Eagles Nest Yard and finishing that area up. I have two more large builds and a few smaller shed type builds to complete and then I will be in scenery mode for awhile.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

Well done, it looks perfect in that location.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 20, 2021, 03:22:00 PM
John,

Well done, it looks perfect in that location.

Tom  ;D

Tom

Thank you for the encouraging comments. This area has turned into a row of FSM kits. Each of them add something to the scene.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

S&S RR

Update:  For a change of pace I have been spending a few hours a day working on scenery. The structure build pace has slowed down a bit but I'm enjoying the scenery work. Pictures when I get far enough along.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I deviated from my build list, today,  to do a quick build of the F&SM Peter Lynch & Sons building.  I have a spot picked out for it in the Eagles Nest Yard area. I will have some pictures in a couple of days when I have something to show. It was one of those - I started doing the scenery and said I need something here - looked in the stash and started building it. Some times you just need to go where it takes you.
John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, Is that the meat packing company in the corner of the layout that wasn't offered as a yellow box kit?
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on February 23, 2021, 08:39:22 AM
John, Is that the meat packing company in the corner of the layout that wasn't offered as a yellow box kit?

Dennis

No - here is a snapshot of the sheet that comes with the kit from KC.

John Siekirk