Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Beautiful Job John. Can not ask for a better job. I honestly don't know how you guy's here do it? Very impressive work.
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

This completes the Beach Farms Build. I hope you still love pictures.  Tomorrow, I'm back on the Tucker & Cook build for the challenge.
John Siekirk

Janbouli

Love the pictures John , I particularly like the ones with the blue car showing through the doors .   Only one small thing I think you still need to do , weather the tractors, unless they are all brand new . For the rest , I think this is one of the best rural scenes on a model railroad I have ever seen.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on April 02, 2021, 03:25:09 AM
Love the pictures John , I particularly like the ones with the blue car showing through the doors .   Only one small thing I think you still need to do , weather the tractors, unless they are all brand new . For the rest , I think this is one of the best rural scenes on a model railroad I have ever seen.

Jan

Thank you for the kind words. The tractors did get a coating of dirt but it's only showing up on the horizontal surfaces.  I will hit them again and concentrate on the vertical services that show up in the pictures. Thank you for following along and your comments.
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

Spellbinding. There's shades of John Allen in your terrain. I love it.

Very well done, John.

cuse

That is truly spectacular...I keep finding new details - a peacock?

Great work, majestic vistas but infinite close up detail too. Good as it gets, IMO.

John

S&S RR

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on April 02, 2021, 09:44:11 AM
Spellbinding. There's shades of John Allen in your terrain. I love it.

Very well done, John.

Craig

Thank you for the encouraging words.  It was reading the book on John Allen's life as model railroader that got me started on this layout many years ago - so the mountain terrain is inspired by him.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on April 02, 2021, 10:56:36 AM
That is truly spectacular...I keep finding new details - a peacock?

Great work, majestic vistas but infinite close up detail too. Good as it gets, IMO.

John

John

Thank you, my friend.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

For those that like the chicken coop area, here are a few closeup pictures showing some of the details.  This area is right at eye level and close to your nose when you are looking at the layout so I gave it a few more details. Those of you that have lived or worked on a farm will notice that we captured the reality of life near the chicken coop.

John Siekirk

Zephyrus52246

Awesome pics, John!  Love the peacock and the landing bird on the implement.  Great farm scene. 

Jeff

Keep It Rusty

You had to position that chopping block for all those poor birds to watch on? What a cruel maker you are!