Company houses

Started by madharry, December 25, 2019, 11:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Thanks Curt and Karl. I should have taken some pictures..........
Mike

madharry

Continuing............ getting the porch details right was tricky. I have tidied up the roofs and added some smoke stacks that I found after much delving. I have decided to mount them on a piece of card so I can add some rubbish and other details to the scene.
Mike

madharry

Continuing..........I added some chairs and vents to the houses. These were in a freebie packet from FOS...............
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery

Nice!  I have 2 sets of CIty Classics company houses to do for a scene on my RR.  I modified one by closing in the porch and turning it into a bar/pub for the workers :-)  (That was pretty common from what I remember in company towns.)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

madharry

Thanks Curt, Bob, Jerry and Dave for your nice cooments. I hope to wrap this little project up over the next few days.
Mike

postalkarl

hey Mike:

Your models look just great as always. Thanks for sharing.

Karl

GPdemayo

Good job Mike.....you can't have to many small houses for a steam era railroad.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Oldguy

Very nice.  Very nicely done indeed.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

Quote from: deemery on November 29, 2020, 10:54:30 AM
Nice!  I have 2 sets of CIty Classics company houses to do for a scene on my RR.  I modified one by closing in the porch and turning it into a bar/pub for the workers :-) (That was pretty common from what I remember in company towns.)

dave

You remember correctly sir!   :)  I've grew up around the Anthracite coal region of PA and, on occasion, tipped a beer or two in bars like that.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

Bar on the left :-)
dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

madharry

Thanks Karl, Greg and Bob.
Continuing.............I will probably not make bar out of one. I am scratchbuilding them for a friend from pictures on the net.
I added rafter rails and little lamps. Plus two of them require a lean-to. I am thoroughly enjoying making this up as I go along..........
Mike

madharry

Continuing...............
I fitted rafter rails and some sorry looking metal panels. The folks may have to fix that hole sometime soon!
Mike