Advertise Here - SUPPORT TMF

Author Topic: RailroadKits Gas 'n Go  (Read 488 times)

Oldguy

• Modeler's Hero 500+ Posts
    • View Profile
Re: RailroadKits Gas 'n Go
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 10:08:15 PM »
Hmm, seems I'm not taking photos as I should. 

I got the walls painted and mocked up the diner portion.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

postalkarl

• T-Shirt - FORUM SPONSOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2020, 07:49:12 AM »
Hey Bob:

Walls look just great so far.

Karl

Oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 11:24:57 AM »
Been working on the cafe addition.  My first want was to keep the roof pitch the same.  A quick check put a stop to that.  I didn't catch that the two windows weren't placed the same.  I did make a paper mock up of my design and barreled ahead. 

My planning sucks.  Mental note - don't add bracing before laying out the cut outs.  I eventually got everything laid out and even with the bracing, I still drill out holes in the corners.  I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, I could use one of the three X-acto saw blades that I have so I wouldn't have rely on my cutting skills.  No luck.  But it all worked out.
The kit includes some Art-Deco looking gas pumps.  But they require a gas logo inset into the globe.  I did manage to find a decent looking Texaco sign, and saved it Word.  I didn't realize that Word photo tools included a background removal option.  That done, I could reduce the sign down to my required 1/8".  The printed sheet has some signs with the background and some with out.  Yes, I do have Photoshop, attended a clinic in KC on how to use it, but it is still all Icelandic to me.  So Word remains as my go to option.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 07:52:02 PM »
Getting closer to putting this together.  The majority of the windows are double hung, requiring two panes of 0.05" clear styrene for each.  II finally got them all installed.  I added some curtains and blinds to the windows. 

Working on the balcony riling is a pain, but managed to cut one of the balusters in half. These would normally go against the clapboard siding. Well, in half may be generous. 
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Janbouli

• View Profile
    • Janbouli's Hobbysite
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2020, 07:13:48 AM »
Love the colors , fits a gas station , they wanted to stick out didn't they.
I love photo's, don't we all.