Interaction Hobbies Moonshiners Cabin

Started by postalkarl, May 04, 2020, 05:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

I will be starting on this tomorrow. Darryl's Model is painted gray and dry-brushed with white and looks rather weathered. My Moonshiner has been at it for years and his wife just wouldn't put up with a house that looked like that. So I'm gona change the coloring and make look nice.

Karl

Oldguy

Woo Hoo.  Will this have the rocking chair?
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

jerryrbeach

Karl,

I'll be looking in.  It'll be interesting to see a well kept version of this dwelling.
Jerry

GPdemayo

Looking forward to another of your builds Karl..... :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hi All:

Here's my progress so far. Walls are painted & assembled on both side. Floor is Assembled. Colors Are Tamiya Light Yellow and Red Oxide Primer.

Karl

Oldguy

Oooooh, newspaper wall paper.  I'll have to remember that one.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

PRR Modeler

Karl- I'm not nit picking but why the newspaper? I don't think I have ever seen that before.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

I never heard of it either. Just type was newspaper ever used as wallpaper into Google. Enjoy the photos of it.

Karl

PRR Modeler

I learned something new. Thanks Karl.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Geez.  Can all you guys be younger than me?  Or, is it a money thing?  Newspaper wallpaper was often found in older structures in the northeast.  I remember visiting a friend about 40-45 years ago and the second bedroom in his apartment was wallpapered with newspaper. I've also seen it in some historic homes preserved as museums.
Jerry

Oldguy

Quote from: postalkarl on May 05, 2020, 07:32:56 PM
Hey Curt:

I never heard of it either. Just type was newspaper ever used as wallpaper into Google. Enjoy the photos of it.

Karl
Ya mean actual wallpaper made to look like newspaper?  Gah.  So what was a poor persons method of reducing drafts through the walls is now a "thing"?
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

I think I read on the internet that it was popular in Appalachia.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey Bob D:

I believe they used actual newspapers.

Karl

deemery

One of the great exhibits at Strawberry Banke in Portsmouth NH is a duplex that has 1950s on one side against 1840s (if I remember right) on the other side.  When we can get out again, we need to go back to Strawberry Banke and revisit that place. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to