FOS The Wacther Apartments

Started by ReadingBob, May 05, 2020, 09:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on April 18, 2021, 03:48:35 PM
This came up really nicely, Bob.

Its packed with interest like the smattering of TV aerials sticking out of the roof.  I think the florist's wire is a definite improvement to the clothes line.  I wonder whether adding some white glue to the clothes and crinkling them up a bit might help take some of the flatness away?  I also wondered whether laminating two items of clothing together and adding a thin lead weight between might provide enough weight to create a realistic sag on line made from embroidery thread?  Just really thinking about thigs to try when making my own clothes line.  It does sound like a lot of work...

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks Mark!  Interesting ideas for the cloths line.  Maybe cloths made out of the heavy foil found on the top of a wine bottle would provide enough weight to make the embroidery thread sag and they could be bent a little so they aren't so flat.  I'm not sure where I'll be using this one but all four sides have features of interest so if it's not visible from all angles something will have to be hidden from view.   :P
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: Janbouli on April 18, 2021, 04:00:35 PM
Wow , that is one awesome building , and of course thank you for the great build thread.

Thank you Jan and you're welcome!  This one was a lot of fun to build in spite of some minor challenges here and there.  It sure has a lot of really interesting features.   :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Keep It Rusty

One of my favorites of Doug's kits. He really shines here.

And you've done it a great justice, Bob. Nice work!

GPdemayo

A terrific build Bob, and wonderful details.....great job.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on April 19, 2021, 08:52:45 AM
One of my favorites of Doug's kits. He really shines here.

And you've done it a great justice, Bob. Nice work!

Thank you Craig!   :)  I agree, Doug really created an interesting structure.  So many neat details to look at regardless of the angle you view it from.  I sure hope I can find some place to use it some day.  ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 19, 2021, 08:55:46 AM
A terrific build Bob, and wonderful details.....great job.  8)

Thanks Greg!  I've got quite a few things to bring along for the next show and tell down at Tom's.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Oldguy on April 19, 2021, 09:44:02 AM
Damn!  That's really good.

Thanks Bob!  It's a really neat kit that was a lot of fun to build.   ;D 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Judge

I completely missed this build.  All I can say is WOW! And how about a pic with the building lit up in the dark?   Amazing lightwork!

postalkarl

Hey Bob:

Looks just great and I love the wash line.

Karl

craftsmankits

Love the way this kit is turning out.  Didn't realize some of the finer points of the kits design.  May have to get one of these some day.  Keep up the good work.

Mark

ReadingBob

Quote from: Judge on April 19, 2021, 01:55:33 PM
I completely missed this build.  All I can say is WOW! And how about a pic with the building lit up in the dark?   Amazing lightwork!

Thank you your Honor!  I'll see what I can do about getting a few night shots and adding them to the thread.   ;)

P.S. - I hope the recovery is coming along smoothly and we'll get to connect in person soon.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: postalkarl on April 19, 2021, 05:53:47 PM
Hey Bob:

Looks just great and I love the wash line.

Karl

Much appreciated Karl!  The wash line was a bit of a challenge but in the end it was worth it.  Great kit from Doug.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: craftsmankits on April 19, 2021, 10:57:06 PM
Love the way this kit is turning out.  Didn't realize some of the finer points of the kits design.  May have to get one of these some day.  Keep up the good work.

Mark

Thank you Mark!  Yes, this design has a lot of interesting features for sure.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Jerry

I missed this one to.

What a beautiful job you did on this!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln