R. T. HARDING MINING CO.

Started by Jerry, May 10, 2020, 09:18:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Wow it's been some time since I posted.
But with my fingers being numb!!
I have my surgery on the 23 of August. Thank God.

This is my first time with metal roof panels so comments are welcomed.
Don't worry I have thick skin so please offer suggestions! ;)

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Keep It Rusty

For a first effort, I think those panels look great!

Jerry

Thanks Craig it's a appreciated.

I think I made it to monochromatic though.
[/size]Well hopefully lesson  learned the next one should be better.
[/size]
[/size]Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Keep It Rusty

One way of avoiding any similarity between the panels is to divide them into three (or more) separate batches. One receives a heavy paint treatment, medium and light... and so on.

Still, I think you've done well as the roof doesn't draw attention to itself. My eye stays on that awesome interior.

friscomike

Jerry, the corrugated iron look good and is convincing.  It matches the oldness of the rest of the mill.  Nice job as usual.

Jerry

Quote from: Keep it Rusty on July 23, 2021, 12:41:17 AM
One way of avoiding any similarity between the panels is to divide them into three (or more) separate batches. One receives a heavy paint treatment, medium and light... and so on.

Still, I think you've done well as the roof doesn't draw attention to itself. My eye stays on that awesome interior.

Thanks for the input Craig I see what you mean.  And a great idea on how to do it thanks again.

Jerry

Jerry

Quote from: friscomike on July 23, 2021, 06:37:55 AM
Jerry, the corrugated iron look good and is convincing.  It matches the oldness of the rest of the mill.  Nice job as usual.

Hey Mike thanks for the nice compliment.  Looking forward to ythe RR Line coming back I think there almost there!!

Jerry

deemery

I agree with others.  Seems to me that corrugated (iron or zinc) roofs have 4 states:  brand new, slight staining, patchy, and uniform rust.  You've captured that Stage 4 look just fine!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Quote from: deemery on July 23, 2021, 10:56:41 AM
I agree with others.  Seems to me that corrugated (iron or zinc) roofs have 4 states:  brand new, slight staining, patchy, and uniform rust.  You've captured that Stage 4 look just fine!

dave

Thanks Dave it's appreciated.  Only practice and patience will make me a better modler!

Jerry

Jerry

The rafters you will never see again after the roof is on!!
The second removable roof!!

But its worth the effort!

Pennman

Jerry,

I think the rafters look great, tedious work but much needed process to provide for a sturdy roof.
That's a lot of panels to glue fown, but will be a showstopper when completed. Nice work.

Rich

GPdemayo

No suggestions necessary Jerry.....the corrugated roofing looks great.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

Looking just beautiful.

Karl

Jerry

Rich, Gregory & Karl thanks for the nice compliments its really appreciated.

Well now that my hand (carpal tunnel surgery) is almost back to normal I finished another roof.