Advertise Here - SUPPORT TMF

Author Topic: Pipe clasps  (Read 149 times)


  • Early Member
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Pipe clasps
« on: May 11, 2020, 04:32:18 PM »
I am looking for a detail part that clamps, clasps (?) a pipe to a building wall. Not sure what it is officially called. To go around a round pipe on the side of a building.
Any help? Either HO or O scale.


  • Boise Nampa & Owyhee RR
  • Modeler's Hero 500+ Posts
  • *****
  • Posts: 2428
  • Karma: +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pipe clasps
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 05:05:48 PM »
Here is how I tie down spouts to a wall.

Drill a small hole in the structure..... maybe a #72 drill..........  then use a piece of .010" brass wire and make a loop around the pipe to be held and shove both ends through the wall.  Bend over and tack with super glue on the inside. Trim off short when glue is kicked off.

Otta get it.......... see photo below

see ya

I'm only paranoid because everyone is out to get me.

Rail and Tie

  • Senior Poster 250+
  • ****
  • Posts: 456
  • Karma: +1/-0
  • ...look, cows!
    • View Profile
    • Interaction Hobbies
Re: Pipe clasps
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 05:45:04 PM »

Here is another way to simulate the flat strap clasps around a downspout or pipe.

I use thin strips of paper painted silvery rust (if that is a real word!) and then glue the strips to the pipe. Then put a dab of glue under each end of the paper and push the paper around the pipe and into place against the wall.  You can add a very small dab of glue to the paper after it is set to simulate a rivet or stud holding the clasp in place.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Enterprises


  • Modeler's Hero 500+ Posts
  • *
  • Posts: 5539
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Pipe clasps
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 12:48:34 PM »
Hey Darryl:

Good idea. Looks great.