Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Spectacular, John.

Cheers, Mark.

Janbouli

What a great scene John, rocks are gorgeous, and the structure fits perfect.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ACL1504

John,

Great job on the rock work. You've been busy.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Great work John .....looks terrific.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

fsmcollector67

John,
Great progress, rock work looks amazing..

Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

cuse

Jeff, Jerry, Mark, Jan, Tom, Greg, and Loren...Thanks. I'm really happy with the results. Vilius is a true artist - everything is weathered and colored perfectly. It looks board by board...

Next Up (in no order) after adding more underbrush and random scenic king...

-repaint, detail and resurface the river under the bridge...pondering whether to add rocks and running water or just go for that magical Envirotex shine
-paint the upper and lower fascia. I'm very excited to see the effect this has in "framing it all"
-build SWSM Woodcutter Shack for a little hidden spot in the back corner
-build Foscale's Pendleton Marine...which is a really nice, complex background flat structure
-build Bar Mills' FSM tribute Wharf at Doverton, but not on a wharf
All three kits have dedicated real estate with scenery creeping up already, I really want to build the rest myself just to keep the ratio respectable   ;D  I've got BEAUTIFUL builds featured by ReadingBob, ACLTom, FSMCollector Loren, a really cool snowplow and some cars by Dave Fugere and a couple of masterpieces by Vilius, If I build the rest myself, I'm at about 10 myself. I LOVE to feature work by others on my layout but I also need to remind myself what I'm capable of with a little patience and (more challenging to find) time. After that, I'll turn to vehicles, rolling stock, critters, SWSM work train, Jordans, placing figures and details forever...or until I get a wild hair and blow it up (again). I also have a tentative plan to extend a little skinny branch someday, perhaps spanning some high bridges to get to a big sawmill? We'll see, just a brain dump for now.

John

ReadingBob

Looks great John!  Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

John

It looks great!! I love the way the whole scene is coming together.  Structures are supposed to blend into the scenery - very well done.  Vilius did a great job on the build, too.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

coors2u

John, I always love seeing your updates. Things sure a looking great these days.
Dustin

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Cuse:

WOW!!!! looks really beautiful on the layout. Great job on that structure.

Karl

Jerry

Quote from: Jerry on November 20, 2020, 09:09:40 AM
John any more progress?

Jerry

So John have you done anything to the layout recently??

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

TomW

cuse

Thank to all of you for the interest and the compliments. I'm sorry I've gone so long without visiting. I really haven't made any progress other than occasionally cleaning the tracks and running them around a bit. Been busy with life but all is well.

I was on a ZOOM meeting yesterday and didn't even realize my lit up shadowbox layout was nicely positioned behind me (I saw it, of course, but it didn't really register-in fact, I turned the layout lighting on to improve my own image). One of the people asked about my "backdrop image" and the cat was out of the bag. They were amazed and intrigued and, upon reflection, so was I. It'd been a while since I considered how amazing this stuff is to me and would be to anyone with a shred of curiosity or artistic interest.

Anyone, I'll see where this little burst of energy takes me.

Thanks again. Nothing new to share...yet

John

GPdemayo

Glad to see you back John.....I think I'm in need of a little inspiration and a big kick in the pants also.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL