PRR Bellevue Sub Build

Started by PRR Modeler, June 07, 2020, 02:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Dennis and Jerry for following along and you're kind words.

Since the last post I've put in the sidings for the first coal mine (Walthers New River). After taking the pictures I gave the tracks and surrounding area in a black wash. I'll clean the top of the rails tomorrow. Later I laid out (pencil and a yardstick) The reverse loop inside the right hand loop around. It looks like it's going to be a 22" radius.

Photo 1- Test train. F3A with 4 Penny H21 hoppers.

Photo 2- I'm leaning towards putting the mine like this. This gives me the outside track for a shifter. The area to the right of the 2 load tracks would become a truck load site.

Photo 3- The way the mine is intended to sit.

I also plan on building a long conveyor that will go from the right side of the main building that runs above the high mainline to the back drop. 
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Looks just beautiful.

Karl

Jerry

Curt great job your doing.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Karl and Jerry for your kind words and following along.

Today I laid out the the cork roadbed for the right side reverse loop. I also figured out how I'm going to layout the B.T.S. mine that I built earlier this year. It will have 2 load tracks, 3 storage tracks, and 1 shifter track. The white WS risers (not glued down) are going to a AMB Pennsy style coal dock (private business) that I saved from my last layout.

The coal mine, associated tracks, track reverse loop, and coal dock will all be powered by the electrical reverse loop.
Curt Webb

jerryrbeach

Curt,

Track looks good, flows smoothly.  Seems like you have a clear plan and I am impressed with how much you are getting done.
Jerry

Mark Dalrymple

Nice progress, Curt.

Looking good.

Cheers, Mark.

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Jerry and Mark for following along and the kind comments.

Today I wired and powered a small section of track and a ME #6 T/O then painted them. I did the first time fitting of the B.T.S mine that I built earlier this year. After that I glued down the cork roadbed that goes under the tipple.

Curt Webb

Dennis Bourey

Curt, Very nice indeed ...Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Great looking model. Can't wait to see it installed on The RR.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Dennis and Karl for your kind words and following along.

I've been working on the second coal mine area since the last posting. All the track is in, leveled, powered and tested. The bare cork road bed is the loop around reverse loop. All of the mine trackage is powered electrically on the reverse loop buss.

The buildings are just temporarily placed to give a idea of what the area will look like.
Curt Webb

Jerry

Curt great job on that coal tipple.  Your progress is amazing.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Thank you Jerry and Greg for following along and your kind words.

Today was productive. I started out doing a black wash over the track and surrounding area of the B.T.S. Mill Creek Mine and after it dried I cleaned the track. Later I laid out the main cork roadbed in the yard including the reverse loop crossover.

Where you see the T/O's sitting on the cork (yard) will be stub freight car sidings. The bottom left T/O will go to my programming track. On the right side the track ends in the background (stub) I plan to put in a freight house I scratch built for my last layout. Everything below (left side) the crossover will be the East yard and everything past the crossover on the right side will be the west yard.

Curt Webb

Dennis Bourey

We need to talk.....................
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

PRR Modeler

Dennis thanks for following along but I don't understand the comment?
Curt Webb