Sierra West Deer Creek Mine

Started by postalkarl, July 29, 2020, 03:48:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Like I said this has to be in the top 10 of your builds.  The detailing is perfect.  Beautiful wood coloring.
Just an all around beauty.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Karl,

I love this build. Just one comment, are you going to add a little weathering to the door and windows? I think they should, in some way, blend in better with the exterior walls.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Hello Karl, I agree with everyone else, this is one of your best builds ever. My only problem is that you keep covering up all the great detail work.    Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

postalkarl

Hey Jerry, Tom And Jeff:

thanks for the great compliments. Much appreciated. Got the roof finished today. It is removable so you can see the interior detail. Instead of cap shingles I put A Patina copper roof finial on it. Here's A photo.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Dennis Bourey

Holly Molly. What they said WOW!!!......Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

postalkarl

Hey Curt, Bob D. and Dennis:

Thanks for the great compliments. Much appreciated. I finished this one up tonight. I did not add track as my friend doesn't know it it will be standard or narrow gauge. Here's the photos.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Karl everything looks perfect. Amazing build.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

Janbouli

Absolutely gorgeous , job well done Karl.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Curt, Steve,Janbouli and Jerry:

Hey Guys thanks for all the great compliments. They are always so much appreciated,. We shall se what is next.

Karl

deemery

Any thoughts on the kit?  A good build thread also serves as a review of the kit  ;D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Great job, as usual, Karl..... 8)

I'm really anxious to start mine, but my skills aren't good enough to take on this one yet.  :(
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL