Inter-Action Enterprises Seabiscuits Boatworks

Started by madharry, August 23, 2020, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Next up are the gang planks with slip treads...........
Mike

madharry

Continuing............
Fitting the rafters..........there are an awful lot of these and I had to carefully thin them in order to fit into the holes and grooves.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

WigWag Workshop

A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

madharry

Thanks very much Curt and Steven.
Continuing........the last roof has been completed. I think it looks great.
Mike

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

It's looking just great. Keep the pics flowing.

Karl

madharry

Thanks Karl. I will just keep modelling along.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

Oldguy

Man, I agree.  All that great work, soon to be hidden.  Looking forward on seeing how it all turns out.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

madharry

I agree Curt and Bob it is a great shame covering them up..............
Continuing................I have been trying to get the landform looking OK. Unfortunately all my ground cover materials are at my holiday home which I am not allowed to visit under UK Gov't regulations until at least 02 December. I did find some real iron ore rocks though which I have used t the shoreline. The water is a combination of five colours = green, blue, black, tan and white.I think the colour looks OK so I have applied a first coat of Mod Podge.........
Mike

madharry

Continuing...............Here are the roofs added to the building insitu on the landscape base.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb

nycjeff

Hello Mike, what a great job on the base and the building looks very natural sitting on your waterfront space. I really like the water color.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

madharry

Thanks very much Curt and Jeff.
Continuing.............I have decided to deviate slightly. The front of the building has a canopy above the doors. I have made and painted the canopy but have decided not to use it. I like the inside detail and have spent quite a bit of time constructing the desks and tables etc. I think the canopy reduces the view of the interior and have decided to cover the pre-existing holes with a painted beam instead.

Mike

Jerry

Mike beautiful detail on the roof framing!

Overall a outstanding job.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln