Inter-Action Enterprises Seabiscuits Boatworks

Started by madharry, August 23, 2020, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

I have been remiss in not posting anything for a little while. Darryl himself posted a build some years ago. So I think it is high time an amateur had a go.First up the obligatory box and contents shots...............
Mike

ACL1504

Mike,

Good to see you back building. I've always liked this kit and will be following along this adventure.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Good to see you back modeling Mike. I'll definitely be following.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks for following Tom and Curt.
The kit has a lot of parts numbered over two pages in the manual. In order to make it easy for me I carefully cut out the page so I can have it in front of me rather than searching through the manual.

madharry

First up are the main walls to which I applied a coat of A&I. I kept the walls in their carrier sheets to try and minimize warping. However I still had to keep them under weights for a few hours....

madharry

Darryl painted the prototype a fetching green. I favoured a blue and decided on French Blue. I then roughly painted this onto the walls. I did not want to be too neat as I wanted to start the weathering process early in the build.
Mike

madharry

The wall is in two parts and needs to be glued together. I used my ruler to ensure they lined up correctly. All the edges were sanded prior to this to ensure a snug fit.

madharry

The studding panel and trusses are made from laser cut RIB. I left the interior walls just stained with A&I. The parts were all glued to the inside of the wall. The trusses are differing sizes. In the instructions I found that part 4 should be positioned for part 6 and vice versa.

Enough for today as I am on the BBQ with lamb burgers and leek pork sausages. Yum.
Mike

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

I have this to build in N-scale , so I'll be following along Mike.
I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

Mike

Interesting kit.  Good to see a new build thread - I will be following along.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

I'll be watching, Mike.

Neat looking kit.  Does it come with the wharf?  I like your choice of colour.  I do think that shade of blue does need to be well weathered.  I'm a bit guilty of using that shade more than I should as I like it so much.

Cheers, Mark.

madharry

Quote from: mark dalrymple on August 24, 2020, 01:19:55 AM
I'll be watching, Mike.

Neat looking kit.  Does it come with the wharf?  I like your choice of colour.  I do think that shade of blue does need to be well weathered.  I'm a bit guilty of using that shade more than I should as I like it so much.

Cheers, Mark.
Yes it comes with a wharf.  I agree the blue needs to be well weathered. Thanks Mark

madharry

Thanks for following Tommy, Curt, Jan and John.
Mike