Inter-Action Enterprises Seabiscuits Boatworks

Started by madharry, August 23, 2020, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Quote from: PRR Modeler on October 04, 2020, 09:43:46 AM
Looks excellent Mike.
Thanks for fololwing Curt. Here is picture of the second office cat - "Charlie".
Mike

madharry

Quote from: nycjeff on October 05, 2020, 12:18:39 AM
Hello Mike, I have a standing seam roof on my next build, so I'm very interested in how  your's turns out. Everything so far looks great.    Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I think the roofs worked out quite well. Here I have primed them with grey primer.

Mike

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Mark Dalrymple

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

postalkarl

hey Mike:

this is coming along really well. Like the colors you chose. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Jerry

Great coloring Mike.  Keep up the great work.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

madharry

Tommy, Steve, Mark, Karl and Jerry thanks very much for your very kind remarks.
The kit comes with two Seabiscuit 24ft cruisers. Here is one I made earlier. I will attempt to describe how I go about making the kit with the second one........
Mike

ACL1504

Mike,

The wooden hull cruisers are what I remember from my youth. I'm surprised I can even remember, period. :-X

Nicely done on the kit and boat.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

madharry

madharry

Continuing.........the boats are a little tricky at first.
My glue of choice is superglue for this kit because I found PVA would need an overnight to set properly.
Here are the parts of the kit with some parts painted or stained. I have covered the window parts self-adhesive foil. However you could just paint them with silver paint.

madharry

Here are a group of pctures showing the construction. There are eleven glueing points here so superglue comes in handy to keep it all together quickly.
Mike

madharry

Continuing..........I stained the deck with a Furniture Touch UP Marker. I used PVA this time as I want a precise fit so a lip forms on the underside by the overhang.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Great job with all the fiddly parts. Too small for me.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

You are so right Curt. How Jan builds this kit in N scale is beyond me.
Mike