Inter-Action Enterprises Seabiscuits Boatworks

Started by madharry, August 23, 2020, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Thanks very much Jerry, it is much appreciated.
Continuing..............I have applied a beam above the doors to hide the holes in the wall. The sign, floating dock, cradle and a boat have been added.
Mike

madharry

And a few more.............
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

Great looking build Mike , love the details and the colors .
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 06, 2020, 02:30:42 PM
Very cool looking with all the details.
Thanks Curt I am really enjoying adding the yje detail.
Mike

madharry

Quote from: Janbouli on November 06, 2020, 02:43:39 PM
Great looking build Mike , love the details and the colors .
'=]]]
Hi Jan, I hope you are OK. The build is chalenging but I am enjoying the journey, There is a lot to come. But I will be adding a few surprises.....
Mike

madharry

Continuing.............
A lot of patience was required for these little suckers. I found PVA warped the thin platforms so I used superglue in the end.
Mike

Oldguy

Great work.  Glad I won't have a water front. 
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

nycjeff

Hello Mike, I agree with Bob, great work. My rural Ohio layout doesn't have any waterfront areas, but I sure have enjoyed watching you build this kit.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

madharry

Thanks Bob and Jeff.
More progress............
Mike

ACL1504

Mike,

Great job on the floating dock. Nicely done also on the diorama for the structure.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Love the stairs/walkway. Excellent modeling all the way around.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ReadingBob

She's really coming along quite nicely Mike!   :)  What an interesting/intricate structure.  You're doing a great job with it.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

madharry

Thanks Tom, Curt and Bob for your nice comments. It is not really me just a challenging kit. Here are a few pictures of the slipway, gantry and the other cruiser which I have moored to the side. Still a lot of work to come................
Mike

madharry

Final pictures of the diorama.
My verdict: This was a challenging kit but is very much value for money.
Niggles: the trimming of the battens on the walls to place the window frames was a pain and was the thinning of the rafter rails. There are a fewtypos in the instructions and some parts are wrongly labelled on the parts sheet. I found I did not have enough plastic C channel material and had to
fudge the slipway.
Plus points: This is a great kit. The detailing extras kit is well worth the money for the interior details. It included a Model T Ford kit but sadly that defeated me.I plan to light the building with the included LED's when I finally place the diorama on a layout thus I have left the roofs removable.  The kit includes too many palletsfor this diorama and I have enough for many other models. Ditto scale wood as I am left with stacks of it for other projects.
Mike
Pictures to follow...........