Moonshiners Cabin by Inter-Action Enterprises

Started by Oldguy, October 21, 2020, 08:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

The side risers have set, so I used a strip from one of the carrier sheets as an upper bearing.  Then it was a matter of adding a couple of dogs to somewhat hide theses added parts.

In hind sight, I should have mounted the actuating arm so that "the chair" would have been sitting backwards a bit.  I had mine centered, so now when it rocks, it comes too far forward.

With "the chair" now in place, I can build the front porch.  First up, the posts,  These are to be cut 1.24" long.  Not an inch and a quarter mind you, but 1.24".  That is some dry sense of humor.  I used the tail piece of my calipers to dial in 1.24" and then double checked against the jaws.  Yep.  1.24"  ;D

With the posts in place, I can add the front railing.  This was just a bit easier than "the chair.  I made it a bit rustic looking.  Not on purpose mind you,  it's how it came out.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

madharry

Bob love the use of the dogs. great thinking outside the box.
Mike :)

Oldguy

Now I can cover up the porch details.  First up, adding rafters to be covered over by the roofing.  Now I can finaly place it on the scenery base.  Again, I am using super magnets to hold it in place.

I will use a necessary from a Campbell's farm house kit for this cabin.

While building this, I also built Campbell's farm house kit.  I have had around for a while as the price tag says $5.50.  Pretty much stock except for the window curtains and the concrete block overlay on the foundation.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

nycjeff

Hey Bob, there sure is a lot going on in a little space with this kit. Great job on all of it.    Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Oldguy

Thanks. 

One thing missing a trailer.  I did build Inter-Action's 17' camper, but decided that I needed something bigger.  So I dug out City Classic's Robert's Road.  For this, I need to break out an air brush.  Not my most favorite tool, but I really need to learn to use it.  Them, there is the need for trees.  Another item nowhere in my skill set.  Sooooo, I have three kits of Woodland Scenics original tree kits that included the metal armatures and fabric mat that would make some great Kudzu.  Got them sprayed with rattle can brown.  Tomorrow is going to get interesting
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Zephyrus52246

Great looking building.  I really like the interior details.

Jeff

LTM_Nate

Hey, this is Nate, the guy with the video about this model build. I wanted to come by and say what a fine job you did on the model. The fact you were able to keep those flimsy rocking chair runners in tact is a testament to the care you took in detailing this model. Great job!

Oldguy

Quote from: LTM_Nate on December 17, 2020, 11:12:51 PM
Hey, this is Nate, the guy with the video about this model build. I wanted to come by and say what a fine job you did on the model. The fact you were able to keep those flimsy rocking chair runners in tact is a testament to the care you took in detailing this model. Great job!

Thanks much.  That chair was a pain, but when finished, looks good and works.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond