Seeking FSM Jamestown Water Stop

Started by Keep It Rusty, October 26, 2020, 12:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Jay's Trains lists Chester Rawlings co. for $350.  Might be worth checking out if its still available.

Brasstrains.co lists roadside delights for $295.  Likewise...

Cheers, Mark

JimF

Craig, the hobby shop near me has, or had a Roadside Delights kit on consignment, for $220. or $225. Box is no pristine, but just looks like normal wear and tear from being stored, if I recall. I was told the kit is complete.

I can check it out Tuesday, if you want, they are not open Sundays and Mondays. Let me know.

Jim F

Keep It Rusty

Thanks Jim — I'm looking for a trade, but I would certainly consider that anyway! I'll await to hear from you. Don't make a special trip just for me though!

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

Kits I have for trade:

Butcher's Way
Skinner's Row
The Rock Bunker

Dennis Bourey

What about non FSM? I have those :)
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

These kits are all I have for trade right now

If you have either of those kits though let me know what you would like for them

JimF

Craig,

Checked on that Roadside Delights kit this AM. Box is pretty beat, so if you are wanting it for collecting, not worth it. Has a consignment sticker on it listing it for $225., but owner was there (he works there), said he would take $200.

He stated that kit was complete. As it was taped closed, I didn't ask him to open it. If you do decide you want it, I will have him open it, and will check that castings are there, as well as instructions, templates, etc..

Jim F

Keep It Rusty

Thanks Jim.

Whilst I'm definitely interested, I often see it sell for $200 on eBay, with box in near mint condition. Even though I'd be buying to build, I think I may hold out. I'm happy to offer $150 for it, should he wish to consider that (and it's still there on your next trip!)

Really appreciate you taking the time.

NEMMRRC

Roadside Delights was a hard sell for FSM initially, even tough it was an anniversary kit. I guess folks wanted something new given the kit is a "rehash" of previous kits.

Jaime

Keep It Rusty

I remember reading an interview with George where he said that. I think it's a great little kit, but I can see why some folks would have passed on it, considering it was on the coat tails of Swakhammer's!

Coincidentally, I now have both Chester Rawlings and Roadside Delights.

The last major FSM kit I'm seeking is Duffy's Coal.

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Rusty Robot on January 31, 2021, 10:59:51 AM
I remember reading an interview with George where he said that. I think it's a great little kit, but I can see why some folks would have passed on it, considering it was on the coat tails of Swakhammer's!

Coincidentally, I now have both Chester Rawlings and Roadside Delights.

The last major FSM kit I'm seeking is Duffy's Coal.
Duffys Coal is my all-time FSM favorite and perhaps craftsman kit favorite. I recently saw one on eBay going for less than $250. For years you could not buy them for under $450 ob eBay.

I called FSM to buy one when they first came out as soon as I got in the mail my Model Railroader with the ad for Duffy's Coal. Sellios told me he was already sold out. I think he sold out as soon as the Model Railroaders hit the newsstand. Definitely a record.

I hope you find Duffy's Coal soon.

Jaime

Keep It Rusty

It really does look amazing.

Thanks for sharing Jaime, I hope to find it soon too!

Keep It Rusty

Hi all.

Seeking the following early FSM kits:

Flagstop Station (70)
Blackjack's Car Repair Shop (65)

Combo Station (kit 235)

I'm also seeking Jamestown Water Stop (Jewel 16)

I'm only seeking from the forum members for now as I'm looking to avoid places like eBay and other resellers.

Thanks!

PaulS

Craig, Sent you an email ...
Thanks,

--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway