The wood wall weathering is great!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Excellent modeling in so many ways.  I'm intrigued with the printed parts, your storefronts look awesome.  Clapboard walls are also nicely done and the interior of your first building looks great.  I'll be following as you continue this tribute.
Jerry

Keep It Rusty

Thank you all for your lovely comments and encouragement. They really do help keep the fire burning.

So, I got a little more done this evening.

I first got on Tinkercad and made a wealth of rooftop details from chimneys to vents to fire barrels and ducting. I've attached a photo of the prints (all of which came out very well). I've started using green resin, but it doesn't photograph well in its raw form. I'll show you again when it's primed and painted.

Moving on, I then made a roof cap. This is to thicken the appearance of the rooftop as well as add some visual charm. This whole little project was a classic case of measure twice and cut once. It came together really nicely as a result.

Lastly, I made a roof access shed from strip wood and cereal packaging. This little shed was a fun build.

Still got lots to do and the details will really pull this building together soon.

Thanks for following

Dennis Bourey

Coming together very nice.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, RR!

I can see a scratch-build block based on a prototype will be no trouble for you!

Cheers, Mark.

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on November 12, 2020, 09:01:58 AM
Coming together very nice.....Dennis

Thank you Dennis. Enjoying this build.

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 12, 2020, 02:18:10 PM
Looking good, RR!

I can see a scratch-build block based on a prototype will be no trouble for you!

Cheers, Mark.

Appreciate that, Mark. Scratch-building is a lot of fun, although after a few of them I always crave a kit with instructions ;)

postalkarl

Hey Rusty:

looking good. Love the wall color and the signs.

Karl

Keep It Rusty

Been a while since my last update so the time has come to post one!

I got busy painting all my 3D printed parts, including printing some new pieces like a chimney stack, workbench (not used on this structure), a tire and more.

You can just about see the walk-up door to the Rooming House, but the steps and door in this little corridor were all 3D printed too.

The roof was finished with Scenic Express dirt and ballast, then it was lightly washed with alcohol ink mix and chalk powders for that well-weathered look.

At it stands, I'm at around 85% done with the Swee'Peas build. On the to-do list:

1) Window acetate and blinds
2) Alley-side poster billboard
3) Micro-detailing, including: lamp shades, pigeons, old newspapers, old blankets, billowing curtains, awnings, electrical boxes and cabling and gutter pipes.
4) Organic weathering such as lichen and moss.
5) Adding Preisers.

More soon.

Dennis Bourey

Craig, Very well done......Look's like you been doing that for years. (Beautiful)....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on November 19, 2020, 11:29:38 PM
Craig, Very well done......Look's like you been doing that for years. (Beautiful)....Dennis

Thanks so much, Dennis. That really means a lot.

Mark Dalrymple

Looking really nice, RR.

I'm not so sure about that huge tire on the roof.  Cant quite fathom why it would be up there.  Are gutter pipes the same thing as down pipes?  Are you going to put scuppers at the top of these?  You could no doubt 3-D print some.

Cheers, Mark.

Keep It Rusty

Thanks Mark! The tire looks bigger in these photos, but it is on the large size. Likely to be placed.

Yes, same thing by the way. Will be adding scuppers for sure!

Janbouli

Love the overall look , and especially the weathering of the signs . Sorry to say  I do think you overdid the broken boards a bit , but that's just my opinion .
I love photo's, don't we all.

ReadingBob

Outstanding builds.   :D  Really nice job cloning those structures on the FSM.   ;) 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.