Started by Keep It Rusty, November 03, 2020, 11:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricQuebec

Very Nice serie of little building.
Very well done.
Eric

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, Eric!

They'll get another life all over again when they are planted with details.

SteveCuster

Looks great Craig! Great job turning a cheap plastic kit into something really great. All these little structures look fantastic.
Steve Custer

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, Steve. Means a lot coming from you.

To be honest, out of all the builds I probably had most fun transforming that Kibri kit! More to come.

GPdemayo

Well done on all the small structures Craig.....they really help bring everything together on a layout.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, Greg. And I totally agree — these smaller ones make the world that much more "lived in".

ACL1504

Craig,

The smaller structures really look fantastic. I agree smaller structures add much more than an extremely large kits.  Well done sir.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, Tom! Really appreciate it.

Hopefully I can get back to finishing the stone building soon!

Pennman

Craig,

As others have said before me, nice work on the small structures.  Sometimes small ones take more thought processes than contemplating construction methods on the larger ones.  ;D

Rich

S&S RR

Craig

You did a great job on the four smaller structures. The smaller highly detailed structures really make a scene pop. It is all about the details and you created some great ones.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Rich, John — thanks so much. Pleasantly surprised by how many folks enjoy these little structures. They are a great way to get a quick fix and plan on many, many more.

Appreciate you stopping by, as always.

Zephyrus52246

Nice small structures.  Especially the way you turned the plastic kit into a gem. 

Jeff

cuse

Craig,

I was just going over your Emporium Seafood Build pics (pg 23) and I'm speechless. The level of detail and care is absolutely amazing! The way the wood grain and detail paint and weathering holds up to close-up photography is as good as modeling gets in my opinion. Really well done- Hall of Fame stuff.

John

Keep It Rusty

Jeff — thanks! I'm pleased with that little guy. Got some other plastic kits lined up already, including a couple signal towers!

John — wow. Thank you! That's some high praise indeed. My particular aim with most builds (especially true with these larger signature kits) is for them to hold up nice and true when under the scrutiny of a tight lens. Had so much fun with that kit build. I'll be making some more FSM real soon — in fact, the next one in the "Water Tank and Tool Shed".

postalkarl

Hey Craig:

I believe the stone building is A kit. I have one around here somewhere. I can't remember who makes it.

Karl