FOS Scale Models "Oyster Hill" HO kit #200

Started by madharry, November 14, 2020, 07:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Here are the shots of the contents of the box.............
Mike

ReadingBob

Ohh...a double feature.  Twice the fun!   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

PaulS

Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

Keep It Rusty

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Opa George

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

WigWag Workshop

This is going to be epic! I was hoping to see a build of this kit, appreciate you sharing.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

Bruce Oberleitner

Looking forward to the feature.  Where's my Diet Pepsi and popcorn?

madharry

Thanks everyone, so no pressure then!
I meant to bring back some Gatorboard from the other home but I forgot it. I will get it next week. So I will ease myself in with one of the little support buildings in the kit - the DeRito Oyster Lunch Diner. This is made of laser board and card. The building sits on a concrete slab made of two pieces of card glued together and then painted a concrete colour.
Mike

postalkarl

Hey Mike:

You know me. I'll be following along also.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Karl, Greg and Curt
Continuing........................... I painted wall battens guava while they still in the sheet. I attached them to the walls. Next up I added acetate for the windows and curtains to cover up for the lack of an interior. I then added some signage prefering the Pepsi sign over the Coke one!
Mike

madharry

I have joined the walls together. The instructions do not call for any bracing but I added some from my spares box. I used double sided tape and added the roofing paper. The sign was mounted on some card and then trimmed out with some painted 2x4 wood. That's your lot for today.................

Mike