FOS Scale Models "Dead Horse Bay" HO kit #230

Started by madharry, November 14, 2020, 07:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Mike I agree with Mark. It really has a wood feel.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

MAP

Mark

Keep It Rusty

Awesome storefronts! Makes me want to pull my kit off the shelf!

ReadingBob

Boy, that was quite a miss on the roof card size.  The store fronts look great Mike!   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Mike

Really nice work, it looks great.  Good save on the roof card.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

madharry

Quote from: mark dalrymple on January 10, 2021, 02:00:16 PM
Looks great, Mike.

I really like the wood colour you have used.

Cheers, Mark.
I like it as well. Here is what I used.
Mike

madharry

Thanks Curt, Mark, Craig, Bob and John for your kind comments. As regards the roof part F-603, there is a typo in the instructions as on Page 9 you use this roof for Horvath. On Page 12 you use the same roof for the storefronts. I think the correct roof for the storefronts is F-602 though it does appear on the small side..............
Mike :)

madharry

Starting the main building Terrien Marine. The walls have been braced, painted, stained and distressed........................
Mike

Jerry

Looks great Mike.  Nice wood cooring also.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Opa George

Looks very good, Mike. Terrien Marine is one of those really beautiful signature structures.  Good start on it and I'm eager to see it take shape.

--Opa George

madharry

Thank you so much Jerry and George.
Continuing.............yesterday was a stressful day as my buyer after 2 months and 2 days pulled out. So I have thrown myself back into modelling..............Here are the walls taking shape. As always it seems I'm missing a few windows. Unfortunately my stash is at the other house (140 miles away) and the whole country is in lockdown. >:(
Mike

PRR Modeler

Sorry  to hear of the lost sale of the house. The walls look really good.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

deemery

That really sucks to lose your buyer.  (Do you get any down payment that they forfeited?)  Oh well, keep on working on the models. At least in the US, March starts the busy season for real estate.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Janbouli

Signs looking great Mike . So is it a buyers or sellers market in the UK at the moment ? In the Netherlands , it's a sellers market , houses are sold within a month , usually for more then the asking price. My parents want to go from a house to an apartment, no problem at all selling the house , but in the town they want to stay living in there are only 14 apartments for sale , 11 still have to be built , 1 is a bit shabby , and the other 2 are far over their budget ( they have a healthy budget ) . 
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 16, 2021, 08:45:37 AM
Sorry  to hear of the lost sale of the house. The walls look really good.
Thanks very much Curt.