FOS Scale Models "Dead Horse Bay" HO kit #230

Started by madharry, November 14, 2020, 07:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Quote from: deemery on January 16, 2021, 08:50:13 AM
That really sucks to lose your buyer.  (Do you get any down payment that they forfeited?)  Oh well, keep on working on the models. At least in the US, March starts the busy season for real estate.

dave
Not until they sign the contract which they were due to sign that day. The chain broke and they made five families due to exchange really sad.
Mike

madharry

Quote from: Janbouli on January 16, 2021, 09:01:27 AM
Signs looking great Mike . So is it a buyers or sellers market in the UK at the moment ? In the Netherlands , it's a sellers market , houses are sold within a month , usually for more then the asking price. My parents want to go from a house to an apartment, no problem at all selling the house , but in the town they want to stay living in there are only 14 apartments for sale , 11 still have to be built , 1 is a bit shabby , and the other 2 are far over their budget ( they have a healthy budget ) .
I am pleased with the signs. I decided to photocopy the yellow one and place on the side of the building as well.
It is a buyer's market. However it works both ways price-wise as you usually are asked for reduced price but then it is expected that you will in turn make a reduced offer for the house you are buying. Ours has been on market for 7 months now but hey ho we had 3 viewings today. So fingers crossed.
Mike

madharry

Continuing.............the walls erected.......
Mike

sdrees

The signs turned out great Harry.  Nice job.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Mark Dalrymple

Good luck with a fast new sale. Mike.

The walls and signage look terrific.

New Zealand is like the Netherlands.  Everyone thought the pandemic would slow things down but it has done rather the opposite with houses selling very quickly and typically well above the government valuation.

Cheers, Mark.

deemery

In the US, the trend seems to be less expensive cities, farther out suburbs, and resort locations are hot.  People are realizing they can work from home, and "home" does not have to be in Silicon Valley :-)  In my corner of New Hampshire, I understand a lot of the sales, particularly at the expensive end, are to out-of-state people.  That holds true in my neighborhood, the one house for sale sold quickly above list price to a family from California.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

GPdemayo

Great progress on the build Mike and good luck with the house sale.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks Steve, Mark, Dave and Greg for your kind support. As I am a bit stressed at the moment I decided to prep the walls for the Horvath building that adjoins Terrien Marine.
Mike

deemery

That's a bright red.  I remember painting a structure once (The "Silver Plume Store" kit) something like 'caboose red' and being unhappy with the result when I saw the entire structure assembled and sitting on the layout.  Dave Frary recommended toning down primary colors in particular with 10% white, to get a more "scale color" appearance. 

dave

MAP

Great progress Mike!  You did a nice job with the signs.
Mark

madharry

Quote from: MAP on January 18, 2021, 06:33:11 AM
Great progress Mike!  You did a nice job with the signs.
Thanks very much Mark.
Mike

madharry

Quote from: deemery on January 17, 2021, 02:02:43 PM
That's a bright red.  I remember painting a structure once (The "Silver Plume Store" kit) something like 'caboose red' and being unhappy with the result when I saw the entire structure assembled and sitting on the layout.  Dave Frary recommended toning down primary colors in particular with 10% white, to get a more "scale color" appearance. 

dave
Dave it was always my intention of weathering the walls. Here is the result using chalks from General. I have also doubled up on the sign and added an additional one to the rear that I photocopied.
Mike

S&S RR

Mike

This is coming along nicely.  I love all the signs.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

deemery

That weathered down very nicely!  Thanks for the update.

dave

PRR Modeler

The walls look great weathered, and the signage is great also.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision