Advertise Here - SUPPORT TMF
collapse

Author Topic: Saturday 21 Nov  (Read 407 times)

PRR Modeler

• Modeling the Pennsy
  • Modeler's Hero 500+ Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday 21 Nov
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2020, 08:54:23 AM »
Good Morning All,

Congratulations Mike on the new house. The Pre-Thanksgiving chores continue today.

I hope everyone has a good day.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

JusticeCity

• Senior Poster 250+
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 09:04:01 AM »
Morning,

We are going into another two week lockdown, we have a freezer full of food. Yippee 🥳
Marty

BandOGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »
Larry the lag is that due to Covid many folk are now encouraged to work from home. A lot of folk cooped up in apartments now want to move to the countryside and enjoy a garden setting. To aid the housing market the Chancellor has cut stamp duty tax from 3% on the value of the house to nothing on the first £500K. The legal side has now been overwealmed and surveyors visits are as rare as hen's teeth.

Here is a link to the house brochure for anyone interested.                  https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/74473725#/
Mike

WOWSER!
What a find. Congratulations and best of luck with the garden upkeep.
Quick trip out to start the holiday season, then back to the bunker.
Stay safe and healthy (that includes you, Tom) all.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

S&S RR

• T-Shirt - FORUM SPONSOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2020, 09:40:51 AM »
Larry the lag is that due to Covid many folk are now encouraged to work from home. A lot of folk cooped up in apartments now want to move to the countryside and enjoy a garden setting. To aid the housing market the Chancellor has cut stamp duty tax from 3% on the value of the house to nothing on the first £500K. The legal side has now been overwealmed and surveyors visits are as rare as hen's teeth.

Here is a link to the house brochure for anyone interested.                  https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/74473725#/
Mike

Mike

Beautiful house, congratulations. A couple days with a saw and you can combine all those extra bedrooms into on big layout room.  ;)
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2020, 09:44:01 AM »
Great looking digs!  I had to build a man cave for my layout.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

deemery

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2020, 09:46:07 AM »
Mike

NICE!  I'd be tempted to replace the sauna on the 3rd floor with a powder room and use that as train room/workshop :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

madharry

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2020, 10:21:03 AM »
Mike

NICE!  I'd be tempted to replace the sauna on the 3rd floor with a powder room and use that as train room/workshop :-)

Dave I am already there. The room above the garage ( roof space shaped like a Toblerone) is also being grabbed. So one room 400 sq ft and another at 300 sq ft.
Mike  :)

dave

tom.boyd.125

• Almelund Valley RR
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2020, 10:28:21 AM »
Happy Saturday !
 Stay Safe !!!
An old I.C.R.R. Station from 1908...look at the guy ridding the not HO scale Weston / Campbell bike down the tracks...
 Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

jrmueller

• T-Shirt - FORUM SPONSOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2020, 10:47:01 AM »

Jerry. What kit is that quilt shop?  My wife is heavily into quilting and I am sure she would dip into the treasury to get it. Thanks. Jim

Good morning.

Mike, congrats on the new mansion complete with layout rooms.

Outside work on the agenda for today, a little modeling this evening (fingers crossed).
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Jim Donovan

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2020, 11:24:50 AM »
Beautiful  home Mike. Let me guess, you got the top floor!

All well in Central Florida. Hobby Lobby today, clean windows later then hopefully some bench time..

Jim D
Holland & Odessa R.R.

jerryrbeach

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2020, 12:20:58 PM »

Jerry. What kit is that quilt shop?  My wife is heavily into quilting and I am sure she would dip into the treasury to get it. Thanks. Jim

Good morning.

Mike, congrats on the new mansion complete with layout rooms.

Outside work on the agenda for today, a little modeling this evening (fingers crossed).

Jim,

That is FOS Pressman's with a sign I made using Excel.  The store interior is from photos I found on the internet as are the quilts in the window.  I sent you a PM.
Jerry

GPdemayo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2020, 03:47:49 PM »
Mike

Dave I am already there. The room above the garage ( roof space shaped like a Toblerone) is also being grabbed. So one room 400 sq ft and another at 300 sq ft.

dave

Hi Mike.....just a thought.....

If you want to be in a better negotiating position for acquiring more railroad real estate, how about giving Mrs. C an expanded master suite by getting rid of the small closets in the master bedroom and knocking out the wall between the master and bdrm. #4. Use #4 for expanding the bedroom area and adding a large walk-in closet.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2020, 04:22:42 PM »
Mike

Thanks Greg great thought for possibly when I have populated the two rooms I have already. Thanks Buddy. the house is currently owned by a guy who owns a plumbing and heating empire and he drives a Bentley. Do you think the house looks OK?
Mike

dave

If you want to be in a better negotiating position for acquiring more railroad real estate, how about giving Mrs. C an expanded master suite by getting rid of the small closets in the master bedroom and knocking out the wall between the master and bdrm. #4. Use #4 for expanding the bedroom area and adding a large walk-in closet.  ;)
Thanks Greg great thought for possibly when I have populated the two rooms I have already. Thanks Buddy. the house is currently owned by a guy who owns a plumbing and heating empire and he drives a Bentley. Do you think the house looks OK?
Mike

GPdemayo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2020, 04:55:39 PM »
Mike

Mike

dave

Mike

Definitely yes, neat way having the living areas on the 2nd floor and the bedrooms on the 1st floor.....the big plus is the size of kitchen and entertaining areas.

The only major problem, considering the weather y'all have over there, that I can see, is that you will have to go outside when going to or from the garage. There doesn't seem to be a way directly into the house without putting in a door a door in the wall between the garage and bdrm. #3.

When was the house built?

If you want to chat further, email me at demayoind@aol.com.
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
I spent some more time looking at the floor plan.  From my North American perspective, the house is "upside down", with the bedrooms on the ground floor and the living space on what we in the US would call the 2nd floor and the rest of the world calls the 1st floor.    MBR and BR 2 have en-suite, but the other bedrooms share a bath.  Bedroom #5 is pretty small.  The Utility room gets its own bathroom.  I think Gary has a good idea about turning Bedroom #4 into an expanded closet and maybe sitting space.  Or you could carve a hall closet out of part of Bedroom #4.   It's not quite clear to me what that space above bedroom #4 is for.  I guess it could be used as a dining room.   The sink in the study is also strange to me...

Of course, all of those ideas cost money, and everyone is very happy telling you how to spend your money :-)

dave
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 05:42:16 PM by deemery »
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

* Don't Be Shy... Say Hi

Refresh History
  • mainj: it's ok to play Christmas music now...
    November 26, 2020, 04:57:21 PM
  • NEMMRRC: Gobble gobble !!
    November 26, 2020, 06:05:56 AM
  • S&S RR: Fall is here
    September 27, 2020, 08:31:43 AM
  • mainj: hot out there
    July 30, 2020, 02:14:59 PM
  • S&S RR: Nothing to shout about - I like it here
    July 07, 2020, 10:37:55 AM
  • Larry.h: Trying to get ahold of admin regarding a database error. Sent email and PM.
    May 16, 2020, 02:18:03 PM
  • Blazeman: Blazeman:  Curious to know the locations being considered for the next EXPO.
    May 04, 2020, 07:21:00 AM
  • ReadingBob: No point in even asking when the next EXPO will be now.   :(
    May 01, 2020, 06:49:47 AM
  • Rail and Tie: Echo!  Echo!  Echo!
    April 29, 2020, 07:19:00 PM
  • Rail and Tie: Hey Jaime, its like our own little room here on the forum!!
    April 29, 2020, 07:18:37 PM
  • NEMMRRC: I like the new forum logo with the mask
    April 24, 2020, 05:28:07 PM
  • Rail and Tie: I like Jimmy's touch on the forum logo!
    April 22, 2020, 10:13:06 PM
  • S&S RR: Stay safe!
    April 07, 2020, 08:24:50 AM
  • Rail and Tie: Please respond to our Foundation Poll!
    March 02, 2020, 05:33:07 PM
  • S&S RR: Great modeling weather.
    February 13, 2020, 07:49:18 PM
  • S&S RR: It's cold outside, tonight.
    February 13, 2020, 07:48:56 PM
  • NEMMRRC: I still cannot post from my iPhone. But I’m very glad we have the forum.  Jaime
    January 21, 2020, 09:28:10 AM
  • S&S RR: I think - more testing required.
    January 20, 2020, 09:16:08 PM
  • S&S RR: All is well in forum land!
    January 20, 2020, 09:15:49 PM
  • S&S RR: The Gallery is back!
    January 20, 2020, 09:15:32 PM

* Recent Posts

Re: Rocky Point Harbor - Tribute by Rusty Robot
[Today at 12:10:56 AM]

Re: Rocky Point Harbor - Tribute by Dennis Bourey
[November 29, 2020, 11:57:23 PM]

Re: Rocky Point Harbor - Tribute by Rusty Robot
[November 29, 2020, 11:45:49 PM]