I'm finally getting used to CA glue

Started by NEMMRRC, November 23, 2020, 04:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

For years and years I've hated CA glue. I always manage to get it where it ought not go. Once I managed to almost glue my eye shut with the blasted stuff.

Anyways, my wife recently discovered the Dollar Tree close to our house. She didn't realize every item in the store is only $1 or less. So we have been making many trips there.

I have found CA glue at the Dollar Tree. I've been using it to glue stuff that plastic cement or canopy glue won't quite manage readily. For $1 per package I figured I might as well try it. The thick gel type is really good as it has about a 3 second working time unlike the real watery kind that is practically instant.

So here is what I have been buying. The watery type is in the red dispenser and the gel is in the white and yellow tubes.

Give it a try.

Jaime

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jerryrbeach

Jaime,

I have often wondered how well this inexpensive off brand glue worked.  Good to know it works as well as the name brands, at least for modeling purposes. 
Jerry

deemery

I've used the cheapo brands of thick CA, but I've found it's worth buying the hobby shop good quality thin CA. 

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to