Fountain Brewery kitbash #2 - 2021 winter build challenge

Started by Mark Dalrymple, December 31, 2020, 03:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteMark,
Your kit bash came out great.
It will be a great addition to your layout...Well done sir !

Thanks so much, Tommy.

I'm really looking forward to working this one into the hillside of Tellynott.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteVery cool, Mark! The brick work came out great. Love the whimsy of the overall design.

Your efforts with these plastic kits has inspired me to buy a few cheap Kibri, Faller and Atlas kits on eBay.

Thank you, Craig.

I hope you have fun with those plastic kits.  I have found Kibri kits to be extremely high quality with some fantastic ornate brickwork.  The Walthers Cornerstone line also have some great structure kits.  Vollmer is another brand I have found to be very good.  And, of course, DPM.

Some of the larger kits have a side and front wall of one design and a side and back wall of another.  These I have found if I buy 2 kits I can combine each sort to create 2 large kitbashes.  Walthers American Hardware comes to mind.  I have also enjoyed working with Walthers Milwaukee beer and ale.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteI'm presently having a bit of a torrid time with my Scale Structures Tickners Watchworks.  The front wall casting was awful - filled with air bubbles, many on the doors and the corners.  I think if I had of known how much work was involved in repairing it I would have thrown my toys.  I did send an email, but it got ignored.

I emailed Scale Structures again and finally got a response and an apology.  The chap I was communicating with is going to cast me up a replacement front wall personally over the weekend.

Cheers, Mark.

ACL1504

Cheers, Mark,

Glad to hear Scale Structures got back to you. Magnusson was excellent at replacing bad wall casting. I only had one out of all the kits I have under the layout and the wall in question arrived four days after my inquiry.

Oh, excellent job on kitbash #2.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteCheers, Mark,

Glad to hear Scale Structures got back to you. Magnusson was excellent at replacing bad wall casting. I only had one out of all the kits I have under the layout and the wall in question arrived four days after my inquiry.

Oh, excellent job on kitbash #2.

Thanks, Tom.

Yes - I've had a good look at all the other Magnuson and Scale Structures kits when I bought them, and apart from warpage on a few, they have all looked good.  I love the detail on some of the fronts.  Quite unique.

I believe I am also to receive a voucher with the replacement walls to make up for the hassle.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteHey Mark:

Looking just beautiful.

Thanks so much, Karl.

It was a fun build and it will be fun to set it into the landscape.  I'll be uploading progress of that over the next few weeks in my Shadowlands and Tellynott thread.

Cheers, Mark.

Jerry

As usual another beautiful build.  Brick work is perfect.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl