Inaugural Expo Kit; Hayden Lithography - 2021 Winter Build Challenge

Started by NEMMRRC, January 01, 2021, 07:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Howdy!

One last look at the whole affair before I take it outdoors and make some photos in natural light.

That Jordan pickup I built back when we had the FSM Bailey's Produce group build back on the first forum (www.kitforums.com).
That was a great deal of fun.

I now need to go find my real camera and my tripod. So far all the photos I've posted were made on my iPhone
at the workbench.

More as it develops.

Jaime

ACL1504

Jaime,

Fantastic build. Great job on the structure weathering also.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NEMMRRC

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 13, 2021, 07:29:46 PM
Jaime,

Fantastic build. Great job on the structure weathering also.

Tom  ;D
Thank you very much.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Howdy!

Thank you all that followed along. It's not too late to join in on the build challenge yourself.

A huge thank you to the Expo guys and gals that made it a blast to attend those shows where I have
met some super people in this hobby. I can't wait for the next Expo... hint, hint, hint.

I started on the build on December 16 and the final photos I'm posting here I took on January 10.
I'd say that may be a record for me. The last "finished" kit I built took me some 200 hours over
the course of perhaps 6 to 8 weeks. Its hard to say. I used to record the time I spent on these
things but I stopped when it became a chore to keep up with the build time. I estimate I did 60%
of the work on this one during the 4.5 day break from work I had during Christmas of 2020. Maybe I
should retire as soon as practical so I can have more modeling time.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here are my final photos of the 2021 Winter Build Challenge.

It's been fun putting this one together. I tried some new techniques and refreshed my muscle memory
on others. This is a finished as they get for me. Maybe the next one will get a little more finished
and then the one after a tad more and so on...

Jaime

postalkarl

Hey Jaime:

What can I say but WOW!!!! Just beautifully done. Love the colors you used.

Karl

Raymo

Jaime, your build came out great! I even pulled mine out of the storage box to give it another look. Glad to see you added a little ground foliage to the base of the building, it just needed a little something.. :D

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

Keep It Rusty

NEMMRRC

Quote from: postalkarl on January 14, 2021, 05:46:30 PM
Hey Jaime:

What can I say but WOW!!!! Just beautifully done. Love the colors you used.

Karl
Thank you, Karl. This is one great kit. Maybe it ill be re-released by some enterprising craftsman kit manufacturer...

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Raymo on January 14, 2021, 05:59:48 PM
Jaime, your build came out great! I even pulled mine out of the storage box to give it another look. Glad to see you added a little ground foliage to the base of the building, it just needed a little something.. :D
Thank you. If yours is still shrink-wrapped it could be worth a bundle.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: sdrees on January 14, 2021, 06:36:19 PM
This turned out really great Jaime.
Thank you! I am eager now to find out how the other Expo show kits will turn out.

Jaime

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Rusty Robot on January 14, 2021, 07:25:46 PM
You brought her home quickly and with style! Nice work!
Much appreciated! The Expo gang did a great job on this one.

Jaime

Jim Donovan

Thank you Jamie;

Not only a great build tread and structure but well written. There is a lot packed in this build that I learned from.Thanks!

I was lucky enough to attend what turned out to be the last EXPO. You are right, nothing like it, had a great time and hope we can do it again in the future.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

NEMMRRC

Quote from: Jim Donovan on January 15, 2021, 08:12:57 AM
Thank you Jamie;

Not only a great build tread and structure but well written. There is a lot packed in this build that I learned from.Thanks!

I was lucky enough to attend what turned out to be the last EXPO. You are right, nothing like it, had a great time and hope we can do it again in the future.

Jim D
I am glad you learned something from my efforts.

I was unable to make the last Expo. Maybe one day there will be more of these great shows. So much fun hanging out with a great bunch of model railroaders.

Jaime

Jerry

Jaime you did a fine job on this.  You should do more as time permits!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln