2021 Winter Build Challenge, Let's build a Jordan!

Started by Raymo, January 01, 2021, 09:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

Wow is right!  I'm sure Chester if following along, smiling and giving you two big thumbs up on this one Dan.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Quote from: jerryrbeach on January 24, 2021, 08:35:25 AM
Dan,

First, I had never thought of using tube cement to hold the parts while applying the liquid.  I will definitely be trying that.  I like the way you build in subassemblies that allow for things like interior painting after (partial) assembly.  I'm not sure how this will translate to assembling a Mack or Packard truck but it should work great when I build a Model T truck. 

As usual, flawless work.  Anyone that has attempted a Jordan understands just how tiny the parts are and the precision required to have an exact fit and paint separation that stands up to enlarged photos.  Thanks for the great step by step.  You have once again raised the bar.
Jerry, thanks for the nice words on my build. I'm pretty sure sub assembly building will work for any kit. Thanks again!

Raymo

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 24, 2021, 10:21:51 AM
Wow is right!  I'm sure Chester if following along, smiling and giving you two big thumbs up on this one Dan.   ;)
I can only hope he is Bob..

Raymo

So I haven't posted anything for almost 2 months on this thread but it is done. I have an awful case of spinal stenosis along with arthritis in my back that just wipes me out. Last thing I want to do is sit in front of this black box, which might be a good thing! ;D  As Larry the Cable guy says " Lets get ER' done..

Raymo

So the next item to be added is the spare tire to the front fender. I had to flatten out the part of the tire that sits in the fender to give it the right look. Just a dab of 5 minute epoxy holds it in place

Raymo

The cab assembly was then attached to the chassis with more epoxy.

Raymo

I just wanted to show that I added the blue oval to the top of the radiator shell

Raymo

I added the bed to the chassis with more epoxy. I tried my best to keep it from oozing out from the bed supports

Raymo

Although you can't see it (hopefully), I used Gallery Glass instead of the supplied clear acetate to add glass to the windows.

Raymo

So I'm calling this one done. Like Jaime, it's been awhile since I finished a build challenge, so I'm happy to do that. I'm also happy to get a Jordan build thread under my belt. Once again, I'm sorry about the quality of the photos, I just could never get the settings right. I think I've figured it out now. So I gave the truck some light weathering with powders and took some final photos. On to the next one..

Dennis Bourey

Dan, I got 100's of these little kit's with other's this will help me so much. Thank you....
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Zephyrus52246

The license plate is the icing on the cake.  Nice build, Dan.

Jeff

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.