Superior & Seattle Railroad

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 15, 2021, 12:05:24 PM
Looks great.

Thank you, Curt. I made some more progress, today. I'm taking this slow and easy but so far I'm happy with the results.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here are a few progress pictures of the tile roof installation.  At the end of the day, today, I was building the upper tower.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

It's getting there. Looks just great.

Karl

Mark Dalrymple

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on February 18, 2021, 11:03:16 AM
Hey John:

It's getting there. Looks just great.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the encouragement - I'm making a little progress every day. I should have some more progress pictures to post, tomorrow.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on February 18, 2021, 01:02:38 PM
Looking really good, John.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you.  I hit a little snag this evening.  I'm short three window castings for the upper level. I don't have any in my stash so I'm going to look through a few kits to see if Bob might have used the same windows in another kit.  At the same time I will order some to replace the ones I'm missing.  There is still a chance that I miss placed them but I gave up the search this evening.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I found four of the windows I need in my SWMW Hilltown kit so we are off and running again.  I also put a note in the box and ordered the replacement windows from Tichy. I learned a lesson on this build - from now on it's not good enough to just count window holes and castings.  I'm going to do a dry fit of the window and door castings before I start painting or assembling anything.  ;)

Follow-up: Apparently, when this kit was released there were a few of the boxes that got out with the wrong windows and Bob made it right with those that contacted him.  Thank you for the emails guys. My kit had 3 extra tall windows so the count was right just three that were the wrong size. I love your kits Bob and sometimes (S**T) happens.  Enjoy your retirement!
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I got the windows painted and the window glass in, today.  I also started assembling the tower. Here is a progress picture from the end of the day.

John Siekirk

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on February 20, 2021, 08:25:55 AM
John beautiful job on that roof!!

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words - I will be adding the roofing to the peaks hopefully, today. I'm waiting for the paint to come for the copper dome on the tower. It appears to be lost in transit according to my tracking information. It was supposed to be delivered a week ago.
John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple