SRMW TUCKER & COOK MILL - 2021 Build Challenge

Started by S&S RR, January 01, 2021, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Hip and ridge caps look good, John.  Finishes it off nicely.

Cheers, Mark.

Dennis Bourey

Beautiful job John. Where are all those lights inside? I thought that kit was open interior ? Love the way it came out.....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on February 22, 2021, 10:23:12 PM
Hip and ridge caps look good, John.  Finishes it off nicely.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you for the kind words.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on February 23, 2021, 08:29:35 AM
Beautiful job John. Where are all those lights inside? I thought that kit was open interior ? Love the way it came out.....Dennis

Dennis
Thank you for following along and the kind words.

I added LED lights inside so the light will shine through the windows.  This kit does not come with interior detail - I gave some thought to adding some but decided it was going to be to far back on my layout to be able to see it.
John Siekirk

Bernd

John,

Always love your structure builds. Always learning something new on how to do something.

That is one beautiful looking building.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

S&S RR

Quote from: Bernd on February 23, 2021, 12:38:48 PM
John,

Always love your structure builds. Always learning something new on how to do something.

That is one beautiful looking building.

Bernd

Bernd

Thank you for following along and the kind words.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

You are quite welcome. The last two pics looks great.

Karl

S&S RR

I'm in the process of building all the little buildings that attach to the main build. The boiler house is currently going together.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I continued with the assembly of the attached buildings. As soon as I have them all together I will be cutting a baseboard and starting to layout the scene.  I want to arrange things in location on the layout before gluing any of the structures down.

I'm still waiting for the paint for the tower.  I ordered it on February 2 and it was shipped on February 3rd. The USPS tracking shows it in transit. It came out of Florida and it was supposed to be delivered on Feb 6th. I'm giving them until next Wednesday (1 month) and I will reorder and ask for UPS or Fed Express shipping.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  Well my Arbor Green paint arrived yesterday, it took 4 weeks for it to get from Florida to Michigan.  That's the good news.  The paint was one big rubbery blob in the container.  I either got old stock or it froze and kicked sitting in a cold truck for a month.  So I learned an important lesson - no more paint will be purchased by mail. The days of going to the store for craft paint are coming back and I will work around with the paint I have on hand until then.

So, I got out the chalks and painted the roof for the tower. I like it and will be taking some pictures and posting them later in the day.
John Siekirk

NKP768

Right there with you John - once had an issue with Scalecoat (Minute Man) paint that arrived in the same condition. Notified the company and they over nighted a replacement. Sadly that type of customer service is becoming rare.

Doug