SRMW TUCKER & COOK MILL - 2021 Build Challenge

Started by S&S RR, January 01, 2021, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

Sounds like your package was frozen, you probably have a claim against the carrier.  What a pain-in-the-ass.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

S&S RR

Quote from: NKP768 on March 04, 2021, 09:10:51 AM
Right there with you John - once had an issue with Scalecoat (Minute Man) paint that arrived in the same condition. Notified the company and they over nighted a replacement. Sadly that type of customer service is becoming rare.

Doug

Doug

I think this happens a lot with acrylic paints. I bought it through Amazon but their return it to their drop off site policy defeats the whole purpose of mail delivery.  It would cost me more to return it. I have a feeling that I'm going to be doing a lot less mail order purchasing when this virus thing is over.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on March 04, 2021, 09:11:05 AM
Sounds like your package was frozen, you probably have a claim against the carrier.  What a pain-in-the-ass.

dave

Dave

Yes it is, and filling a claim cost me more than I through away on the paint. Lesson learned - moving on.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I cut the baseboard for this build and did a rough fit for the structures in location on the layout.

Here are a few photographs of this process. At this point the baseboard will be brought back to my workbench and the structures will be glued on. 

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, That Structure coming out perfect!!   Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on March 05, 2021, 10:12:55 AM
John, That Structure coming out perfect!!   Dennis

Dennis

Thank you for the kind words and for following along on this adventure.
John Siekirk

Keep It Rusty

Very nice, John. Can't wait to see it all stitched in.

S&S RR

Quote from: Rusty Robot on March 05, 2021, 11:11:08 AM
Very nice, John. Can't wait to see it all stitched in.

Craig

Thank you for the encouraging words - this one has a lot of stitching to do, yet. This afternoon, I got the main building glued down to the baseboard and started adding the adjacent buildings.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on March 05, 2021, 05:16:07 PM
Hey John:

Looking just beautiful.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the encouraging words. I will be working on coloring the brick and stone foundations, today.
John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Sounds good. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Karl

S&S RR

A couple more progress photographs.  The add-on buildings have been glued down and the roof cards added.  The glue is still drying on the right side addition.  The stonework has been colored - I used 6 different colors of chalk and applied it with Alcohol. I started with individual stones and then came in an blended it with my soft brush.

Next up: Roofing on the additional buildings and rafter tails. The rest of the detail castings have been primed and need the detail paint.

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)