FOS Moscone Bail Bonds - 2021 Build Challenge

Started by ReadingBob, January 02, 2021, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Here's my choice for the 2021 Build Challenge - the FOS Moscone Bail Bonds.  I'm not sure where this one will end up when it's done.  Could be on a shelf in my garage or it could end up on a layout somewhere else.  ;)

For today it'll be just the obligatory box and contents shots.  When I'm done here I need to the hit the workbench and start gluing stuff together.   ;D

The box.

The instructions are on top.  I've perused them a couple of times already to get a feel for what's coming my way.

Some individual bag of components, castings, Durham's Water Putty (there are stucco walls) and strip wood that used to be held together by a rubber band that has dried out and fell apart.

The main walls and some acetate for the windows.

And finally a few templates.

I'm kind of happy to have my feet back on land and in familiar territory after the Sea Port Build.  That one was fun but, as always, it's exciting to move on to something new.   ;D

Thanks for following along!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Bob,

I have room for this one on the Atlantic and Southern RR. I'll give you my unbuilt kit and this way Moscone won't be lonely on the garage shelf.  ;D

Oh, and I'll throw in unlimited Saturday lunches as well.

Just saying. I'm not greedy, well maybe just a little.  8)

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Nice choice, Bob.

I have this one so will be doubly interest in watching your build come together.

Cheers, Mark.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Keep It Rusty

Will enjoy this one. I, for one, live a structure with stucco. Great design from Doug

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Raymo

Great choice! I've thought of building mine with asphalt shingles instead of stucco on the lower part.

GPdemayo

I'll be looking on his one Bob.....it will fit in nicely on the A&S with all the miscreants in Tahope.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 02, 2021, 12:32:53 PM
Bob,

I have room for this one on the Atlantic and Southern RR. I'll give you my unbuilt kit and this way Moscone won't be lonely on the garage shelf.  ;D

Oh, and I'll throw in unlimited Saturday lunches as well.

Just saying. I'm not greedy, well maybe just a little.  8)

Tom  ;D

Sounds good to me Tom!  I love me a free lunch.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: mark dalrymple on January 02, 2021, 01:21:26 PM
Nice choice, Bob.

I have this one so will be doubly interest in watching your build come together.

Cheers, Mark.

Happy to have you following along Mark!   :)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 02, 2021, 03:35:49 PM
I'm following.

Some day you'll get to see the finished product first hand.  Some day.  :P
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Rusty Robot on January 02, 2021, 06:35:05 PM
Will enjoy this one. I, for one, live a structure with stucco. Great design from Doug

Thanks for following along Craig.  I've grown to like stucco structures myself as well.  What appealed to me about this one was the combination of stucco and clapboard along with some other visual elements like the fire escape, sign and stairway.  Lots to look at.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Jerry on January 02, 2021, 11:00:21 PM
Looking forward to this one Bob.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry!  Happy to have you checking on things.  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Raymo on January 03, 2021, 07:43:50 AM
Great choice! I've thought of building mine with asphalt shingles instead of stucco on the lower part.

That's a great idea Dan!  I've seen lots of structure in the Northeast that had shingles for siding.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 03, 2021, 09:13:18 AM
I'll be looking on his one Bob.....it will fit in nicely on the A&S with all the miscreants in Tahope.  :)

Thanks Greg!  Yes, those miscreants will need to get bailed out of jail from time to time won't they?   :o
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net