Fos Scale Bandit's Roost Build

Started by craftsmankits, January 05, 2021, 10:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craftsmankits

Next up, I began adding the strips after creating a 'well' for the water where the roofs meet.  I did have some issues fitting the angled portion of the cardboard roof, which I addressed with a little trimming.

craftsmankits

Unfortunately, my limited time cut into my taking pictures.  The next image shows the nearly finished roof, with chimneys and various vents attached.  I also decided to attach the livery stable, since I found the dimensions of my intended diorama expanding out of control. I used the foundation provided with the kit on the livery, but will be leaving them off the Callahan Machining building.

Dennis Bourey

Mark, Beautiful job your doing....
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

craftsmankits

Here's another view from the end where the gas station will be placed, underneath the 'Rope' sign.

craftsmankits

This is how the building appears today.  I added some weathering, plus the awning on the apartments section.  I highly recommend this kit.  I'm sure the visual will be very satisfying for anyone on the fence regarding to build or sell.  It's been a lot of fun.

craftsmankits

This shot overlooks the stable, plenty of bird poop.

craftsmankits

craftsmankits

Here's a shot of the back.  I'm probably going to spice it up a bit, but it will be mostly in hiding since it will be very close the Harrison and Rochelle Enamel Works.

craftsmankits

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on March 20, 2021, 09:06:26 PM
Mark, Beautiful job your doing....

Thanks Dennis, I'm having fun with this one.  Mark

Opa George

Wow, really nice results on that part of the kit, Mark. Those angles are a bit of a challenge and you pulled it off nicely.  I like your weathering and detailing. 

--Opa George

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Janbouli

Wonderful , beautiful weathering and the roof looks super.
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hey There:

You are doing A beautiful job on this so far. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

GPdemayo

Wonderful structure build Mark..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Mark Dalrymple

This is coming on really nicely, Mark.

Cheers, Mark.